8.1.1.2 does not see my custom profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.1.1.2 does not see my custom profiles

I have three or four custom profiles that I use all the time for converting my DVDs and BluRays to MKVs. When I upgraded to 8.1.1.2 all of my custom profiles are not seen.

I have verified they are still inside of the profile directory, but they are not being seen anymore.

Has there been a change to where custom profiles are loaded from? Or a change in the naming conventions?

I compared my custom profiles to the "new" profiles and did not notice anything significant in the tags or names.

Any one else experience this?

Rick

This version (8112) uses a new type of profile, which is in the Profiles 3 folder. You can use the new Profile Editor (profile Editor 8) to convert the old profiles to the correct format for the new version. You can find it here:
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for that information. I have found that the profiles get saved to the user appData directory. That is nice to save them down the road between versions.

However I have encountered a problem... My bitrate preselection is not staying..

Code:
      <bitrate value="1768" min="1" max="-1"/>
      I want 1768 to always come up as the default bitrate on the DVD conversions, however it seems to be calculating a bitrate off some other fields.. It seems to come up with ~1100 instead of my preferred 1768.

Any idea why?

Rick

Comment

I think the default bitrate is calculated by the quaility feild and the Frame size not the actual bit rate feild.

So if you increase or decrease the Quality of the video in your custome profile i think you will see your default bit rate change in DVDFab.

Comment

The same bitrate will not always produce the same quality or file size, depending on many other factors (frame rate, frame size, etc.) The b/p reading takes all these factors into account and is recalculated in real time as you change anything that effects it.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In the previous template files I specify the default bitrate. That default would always show up, that is the bitrate I want the default. Even though I have the bitrate set to 1768 in the file it comes up different in the new DVDFab.

Code:
            <bitrate value="1768" min="1" max="-1"/>
            I understand that file size fluctuates based of bitrate. I want to specify a default bitrate, I do not want it calculated. Has this functionality changed? If so can I specify something to get a closer default to my preference? At the moment it is prefilling with something closer to just 1000, which is way under my quality level.

Thanks,

Rick

Comment

This version (8112) uses a new type of profile, which is in the Profiles 3 folder. You can use the new Profile Editor (profile Editor 8) to convert the old profiles to the correct format for the new version. You can find it here:
              There is a problem installing this program if DVDFab was not installed to the default directory. When installing Profile Editor, there is no choice given where to install it so it installs in the default directory. Problem is when trying to open the program, an error message comes up saying files were missing from DVDFab (since it's not in that directory). An option needs to be given at install where you want to put it.
              I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Is this the version of Profile Editor that was released today (29 Sep 2011)?

Comment

Yes
                  I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

In win7, the new profiles are saved to \user\appdata\roaming\dvdfab\profiles3. I think v8.1.2.5 should read them from there. Not sure why it won't, but I will try it too and report it to the Team in Beijing.

Comment

I found that if I let the Profile Editor install, then copy those files into the folder that I installed DVDFab, it works. Not the way I would prefer to do it as the Profile Editor should provide an option to install it where ever one installed DVDFab.

Comment

Working...
                      X