Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Tweaking default profile

Hi All

I'm archiving a bunch of my DVDs to a NAS to be watched on a Popcorn hour A210. I'm doing it in one hit, DVD through to .mkv. Everything is working well (apart from currently having CUDA switched off ATM due to the synch issue bit that's for another thread...). The only minor issue is having to manually change some items on each rip.

For example, I'd like to use 2-pass encoding by default in my profile as I'm using a 2nd box for ripping and encoding times aren't a big issue for me. (The profile is just the dvd_generic.mkv.h264.aac profile with a couple of tweaks) . I'm sure that there's a tag to do this but I can't seem to work out which one. Is there a list anywhere of the profile xml tags and their possible values? Many of them are fairly obvious but others are a little difficult to work out.

Also, for 95% of my rips, I use the English subtitles but with 'display only forced subpicture checked' just in case there's a little bit of foreign/alien/elvish dialogue in there. This checkbox is pre profile picking so I'm not sure whether this can be done at the profile level but there doens't appear to be a way to do it in the settings either.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Sorry, "display only forced' can only be set from the GUI, since it must check for forced subs. There is a new version of Profile Editor that may allow setting of 2-pass from within the profile, but I haven't even downloaded it yet.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X