Rig:

Core i5
    8GB of DDR3
    Windows 7 with all updates
    2 NVIDIA 460 GTX in SLI

DVDFab 8.1.1.2
    I've also tried to the 8.1.1.5 Beta
    Using DVD Ripper
    Using the BUILT IN PS3 profile or my own custom which is the built in profile modified with no subtitles, 2 pass, 30 fps, 2500 bitrate, same results.

My issue:
    80% of my PS3 format rips fail.

-no audio notification, no error message, just stops.

I start a rip, it begins.
    At a random percentage, it simply stops.
    -Encoding FPS gets lower and lower
    -Percentage done stops increasing
    -Time remaining increases to high numbers then goes to 0:0:00
    -Logs don't show what's wrong. Logs just show the process starting, with no entries following that. Not to mention that the logging itself is incredibly sparse and uninformative.

What I have tried, for 3 days, to get halfway reliable results:

1. Uninstall and reinstall
    2. Use only built in profiles
    3. Installed the Beta versions(which don't work at all, they close themselves after reading the disk).
    4. Tried multiple different DVD disks(Out of 20 different titles, about 4 actually work(?!)
    5. Ripping the same disks to the default AVI profile, which works. But then I have to open the AVIs in PowerDirector and re-encode them to a MPEG-4/AAC format. For the amount of backups I need to make(over 150) this is an unacceptable workflow. It takes 3x longer per disk.
    6. Copying previously copied disk data directly to harddrive, then opening those files in DVDFab for ripping(to make sure it's not some random disk read problem). Nope. From hard drive to hard drive, it fails the same way.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Freight_Train; 08-30-2011, 11:04 AM.

Give this a read, same issue:
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If you have questions about forum operations, send them to me in a PM, they will not be answered here.

Try using the new version of Profile Editor to modify or create new profiles. You can find it here:

Post only the logs that relate to the problem, you can edit them with Notepad. You can paste the text into a post or attach the files. You can also attach profiles to a post, which you should do if the one you are using is modified.

The purpose of the forum is to provide support for DVDFab, not post rants or vents. Your post will be edited to conform to the rules and policies here.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Dear Mr. Administrator,

Thank you for confirming my issue about lack of professionalism.

My post title(that you changed), "Why did I buy this?" does not conflict with ANY terms of use of this forum, by the way. It just bothers the people in charge, I suppose. So it was censored. Again, confirming the issue.

I am not ranting or venting, I am a paying customer not getting what he paid for. And experiencing a myriad of examples of non-professionalism. Add your reply labeling my issues a rant to that list.

It appears you have a lack of understanding in terms of how a customer relationship works.

I pay money, you provide what is paid for.

I pay money, you conform to my policies. Not the other way around, with you making demands.

You TEST a product before releasing it and saying it does something it clearly cannot do 80% of the time.

I'm not some forum troll for you to dictate terms to. I am not ASKING NICELY PRETTY PLEASE to receive what I paid for already, thank you very much.

What is creating new custom profiles going to do besides muddying the water? If I had a custom profile broken, you would tell me to use stock profiles to see if they work. So maybe you should spend more time listening to my clearly explained issue: THE BUILT IN PROFILE isn't even working. Thats a profile you can look at yourself for testing, and certainly one that should have been tested better before it was released.

Kindly directly me where to pursue my refund, I am done discussing this issue with people who can't even talk to a paying customer with a modicum of respect.
        Last edited by Freight_Train; 08-30-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Well Said

Well said Freight Train --- I too have had posts taken away for reasons unknown but possibly due to perceived ranting - The fact remains that the latest versions (81xx onwards) have failed miserably and continue to do so with each new issue - BTW I also use the product for ripping BD's to PS3 for streaming, so I am not trying to do anything 'fancy' or complicated

Lets see if this 'rave/rant' disappears also

Comment

Working...
          X