User Interface Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper User Interface Problems

Since the QT versions of DVD Ripper, a number of user interface glitches have slipped in:
    1. The "Title" field (of the "conversion settings" GUI) is ignored: The resulting video file has no "Title" Tag set (in fact, there is no MP4 tag information at all).
    2. When I copy/paste a String which contains a "CR/LF" at the end into the "Title" or "File Name" Field, the conversion crashes. The CR/LF is appended if I use a triple-click in a text editor to select an entire line of text (e.g. Ultraedit allows this, Notepad doesn't).
    3. After editing in the "conversion settings" GUI, and returning to the main DVD Fab GUI, the Audio track selected is reset to the topmost track. E.g. if I select the third track from the top "e.g. "English" in an otherwise German DVD), then open the "conversion settings" GUI by clicking "edit", and then return to the main GUI, the topmost language track is selected again.

While there are workarounds to all of these glitches, I hope this can be fixed anyway.

Regards, Martin

P.S: I am currently using 8.1.1.2; I am converting using the default "iPad" Profile.
    Last edited by tinue; 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM.

Is it really just me seeing these problems?
    Even the latest beta (8.1.2.9) shows the exact same behaviour on my machine.

Comment

I think (2) would be expected, I don't think CR/LF is an allowed character in a windows filename, but it could be handled better. Not sure about the other things you mentioned, but at least one other user has reported something similar to the title select page not retaining settings (like the audio stream). I think most users that let the preset in Common Settings select the languages without trying to reset them would not notice this, perhaps this is why no one else mentioned it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Could these things be looked into? All three were working perfectly before the "QT" switch (also the CR/LF part: DVDFab simply removed it on paste).
        Do I have to open a support ticket?
        Thanks! Martin

Comment

Working...
        X