Audio Sync Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Sync Issues

I've been having audio sync issues for quite some time. It showed up, roughly, about the time the QT versions came out. I do most of my rips to MP4. I have spent a good chunk of the last three days and have a few observations for you.

1) The higher the Frame Rate, the greater the sync issue.

2) Tried AVI on a whim and it doesn't have an issue.

3) Downloaded several of your competitors products and some of them (not all) experience the same issue. (I won't name the ones tested as that would be rude on your site. I will send the names and results if you want me to.) But, one of them allowed my to change the CPU priority from Normal to Low and that dramatically improved (not eliminated) the problem.

4) that got me to thinking that maybe some of this started when Multi-threading was introduced?

So my question becomes: Is there anyway to turn off multi-threading or adjust the CPU priority of DVDFab? If so, I'll test this out. I'm comfortable with Registry hacks if needed and I don't mind beta testing. I'm currently running the 8.1.1.6 beta anyway.

I have moved your post to its own thread.

DVDFab has had multithread support for much longer than the Qt versions have been around. There are many controls in Common Settings->Convert to throttle the conversions back if your system doesn't cope with them well. Try disabling Lightning Recoding and Turbo CPU for starters, or adjust the buffers with the Memory drop down selector.

You did not mention which profile you are using, but others that had sync or choppy video problems have had good results with v8.1.1.6. I have had no problems with it making conversion from BD and DVD to AVI or M4V. You will generally get better results setting the framerate to the same as the Source content.

If you have this difficulty with many different converting apps, it suggests to me that it may be a something in your system environment.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X