tips for 720p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) tips for 720p

Maybe I am missing it, but I don;t seem to find a 'quick tips' section.

I am trying to get a grasp on ripping BR discs to 720p. I am guessing the default bit rate is just too low or something.

I add the 2 pass and run the rip. When I watch, it is noticeably grainy. This is for both using my nvida gtx 570 or the Core i5 2600 that I have.

Can I get a 'rule of thumb' to follow on ripping to 720p mkv's from bluray discs and having them look great?

I would suggest setting the video bitrate to produce 0.2 or more bits per pixel (b/p), a real-time readout for which is available on the Edit page in the frame size list. Even 1-pass should produce good results. If MKV is not an absolute requirement, try making a M4V/MP4 to see if the results are better. There are many tutorials, including how-to videos, on the DVDFab website. There are many tips from other users in the Knowledge Base section of the forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have been using MKV as I want the lossless audio encoded.

Is there a better format than MKV?

Comment

Originally posted by divisionbell77 View Post
        Is there a better format than MKV?
        No

I want the lossless audio encoded.
        What's the problem?
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

"Better" is a relative term and subjective in most cases, as my good friend Ipopov knows. To me the best is the format that delivers what you want for the largest number of your playback devices. I meant to make one of the other formats as a test.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X