"Display only forced sub picture" not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper "Display only forced sub picture" not working

I currently am trying to rip a DVD to AVI. I have the first English selected for audio and subpicture, the Display only forced sub picture checked, and using the generic.avi.divx.audiocopy profile. have tried this on several dvd's and the forced subpicture never shows (it even takes some doing to get the regular subpicture to show, as in selecting both english sub pictures, if they are present (the ones that state normal, and normal captions)) i currently have version 8.1.1.2 (have tried previous versions before this version came out and the the forced subpicture never worked either). are there any other settings i need to check or any of the options i listed above i need to change before this will work? I have read many other posts on this issue and have never found any that state specifically what has been done to resolve it (just stating that it was fixed).

Hi juminix,
    "Display only forced subpicutre" option is showed only when only one subpicture selected.
    So please check it.
    Wish it helps.
    terry5

Comment

That is one of the ways i have tried (only selecting one subpicture, which is always English).

Comment

could not find a way to edit my post above, so i will add this here. I forgot to mention that i did edit the profile listed in my original post to direct render to video option under sub picture instead of the default extract to idx/sub file. all other options under edit profile is default.

Comment

For the Blu-ray of X-Men (Region A US), the forced subs are not in the topmost english sub stream they are in the lower one. They are forced, but for Ripper you do not need to check the Display only forced... box for this, just select the stream and select Direct Render to video, the only subs in the stream are the dialog translations. Not sure if the DVD of this is authored the same way or not, but it may be. Check to make sure the stream you are using actually contains forced subs. You can use DVDSubEdit (free) for this on the decrypted VOB files if you write the title to a hard drive folder first. (In DVDSubEdit, check the box in the upper right that says "only show forced subpics").

This feature is working OK for me, last used with v8.1.1.7 for a DVD and v8.1.1.9 for a Blu-ray.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I checked both subpicture streams in the preview box (I had tried every combination of streams and the forced sub box that is available) and none showed the forced sub's, but i appreciate your reccomendation and will try the DVDSubEdit (the disks i have tried are all DVD, no bluray in the bunch).

Comment

It is a very valuable tool to have. It can also convert regular subs to forced and vice-versa, change colors, timing of subs etc.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X