iTunes<movie> was not copied to the iPad/iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper iTunes<movie> was not copied to the iPad/iPhone

I've started getting the error message when trying to copy the m4v file to my iPad or iPhone4. Specifically:

<move.m4v> was not copied to the <device> <devicename> because it cannot be played on this <device>

I'm running 8.1.2.0 and ripping with the same settings I always have. A couple of movies worked but most are now failing to copy over because of this.

Movies: Your Highness, Sucker Punch, The Beaver.

iTunes 10.4.1.10 Windows7 x64

Options:
    ripping from iso containing movie only
    Audio: Stereo
    Codec: iPad.h264 or iPhone4.h264
    all other settings are default.

The rip is fine it's just when I copy it over to iTunes that it fails.

Are these ISOs made by DVDFab? Do they mount in DVDFab Virtual Drive and play with a software player? I have used recent versions of BD Ripper to make M4Vs of X-Men-1st Class and Hanna that are fine on my iPhone4 and iPad. I write the original disc to a BDMV folder, then run the M4V conversion from that folder on a hard drive.

We have the same iTUnes version and same OS.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, they are ISOs made from DVD fab. I don't mount them on the DVDfab virtual drive but they play fine in XBMC as ISOs. They all play in XMBC just fine.

And...it plays in itunes (opening the M4v) as well.
      Last edited by ironmanbldr; 09-24-2011, 02:10 AM.

Comment

When you have time, please install MediaInfo if you don't have it, and let in analyze one of the files and post the results here. It will help the QA Team see what is happening.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Text was too long for forum.

Comment

Any more information I can provide to get to the bottom of this? I'm really clueless on this one.

Comment

I just completed “Your Highness” with version 8.1.2.2 to try to reproduce the problem and it loaded through iTunes and plays beautifully on my iPad. I’ll include the MediaInfo txt for comparison:
              Attached Files
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Hmmm. Odd. I'm running the latest iTunes (PC) and just updated the iPad to the latest iOS release (I'm really grasping at straws here). It should be noted that Barney's Version works fine for both my iPhone and iPad using the same ripping options.

But, I'm encountering more and more that don't load onto my iOS devices. eg. Your Highness, Sucker Punch, X-men First Class.

Just for kicks I'm going to reboot and even move my sync cable to another port - as I said - I'm grasping at straws :-)

Comment

One thing I see we do differently, I rip the main movie to a folder rather than an iso image, I use the DVD-9 setting so there is no compression and then make the iPad m4v from the folder. Not sure that has anything to do with it, but it is a difference.

Albert Einstein

Comment

The weird thing is that my m4v file plays fine in quicktime (iTunes) on the PC. I just can't transfer it to the devices. I rip my movies from the uncompressed ISO to the movie-only uncompressed ISO. Then I save that ISO away (for streaming) and then rip from there to m4v.

The more I think about it, I feel it's not DVDfab - but unfortunately I don't know what it is.

Comment

Here is the recipe that works for me:
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

I see a few difference:

1) Audio - you are encoding at 160 kbps vs. me at 96. I assume you do this manually by bumping it up?
                        2) I have the same frame resolution but your bits/pixel are twice mine. I'm at .150 and you are at .301. I ripped mine from an uncompressed ISO so I'm not sure why the difference.
                        3) Then, of course the bitrate/file size - but that would have all to do with #2.

Comment

1. yes a manual change.
                          2. I always bump the bit rate until the bits per pixel is grater than .2, a bit rate of 1500-1800 will usually work fine to get good color depth.
                          3. the file size is determined by bit rate and frame resolution. It is what it is.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Tried a reboot and a different USB port. No luck.

I ripped the ISO with exactly the same setting as you did. And it didn't work.

But a new piece of info:

I was able to first add the m4v files to itunes and then drop them into my ipad. This is something new as previously I was able to drop them directly on the device. Still having issues with Your Highness and Sucker Punch - but I'm going to rip them again and see what happens.
                            Last edited by ironmanbldr; 09-27-2011, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Now I’m confused, I thought not being able to get the m4v on your iPad was the problem? What exactly didn’t work?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X