DVD - wrong number/size of tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD - wrong number/size of tracks

I'm trying to get a better rip of a DVD I ripped a couple of years ago. For some reason instead of showing as three half hour tracks+sundry it's showing as a single 1.5 hour track+sundry. I've tried disabling/enabling Path Player but it makes no difference.

What else can I try?

Hi Andrue
    We would need more information on steps you are using, and also the option you are choosing, full disc, main movie, custom etc.
    Also post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm using VOB pass through. Tried with 8.0.6 and upgraded to 8.1.2.0 this morning. Logs attached:
      Attached Files

Comment

Is this a TV episode disc?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Is this a TV episode disc?
          Yes, it is. I just realised that it's possible the first time I ripped it that I didn't use VOB pass through. That would explain the quality. It was one of the first DVDs I ripped and I probably used the option that limits the output size.

Comment

Updated:I've removed all but the two most recent sessions from the log files.
            Attached Files

Comment

It is possible that you compressed it excessively, but this is unrelated to the problem of not being able to get individual episodes broken out. I think what happened with that is that in the original rip you may have selected the "Play All" VTS if the original disc has one, i.e. a menu option that plays all the episodes, one after the other will produce a VOB that has all of them all in it with VOB Passthrough. You may still be able to select individual episodes using the Title start/End controls, which you can access with the button under the title list window. You will need to know the chapter numbers for each episode and re-process the disc or folder.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've just tried the other discs in the set and interestingly they are fine and all show multiple half-hour episodes. That must mean it's something odd about the first disc. I'll have to check out the chapters as another way to work it. Unfortunately there's 19 which doesn't divide by three very well so presumably they'll need manual inspection. A job for a rainy afternoon perhaps

Comment

Working...
                X