Profile Editor Install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profile Editor Install problem

There is no discussion topic area for the new Profile Editor, so I am going to ask my question here. If it needs to be moved, but reply to tell me where it is.

I install my DVDFab applications on my drive D: as my drive c: is a small SSD. I installed the new Profile editor and it never asks where I want to install it. When I try to run it, it says that I do not have qtcore4.dll installed and that I should reinstall. Well, qtcore4.dll is installed in my drive d: along with the rest of DVDFab. Please correct this problem or tell me how I may correct it on my own.

Thanks.

This is a known issue that others have reported. Probably will be dealt with after the holiday in China is over, Oct. 8th. General Chat (where you posted this) is for discussions of non-Fab/DVD/BD topics, this should have gone in the DVD/BD Ripper forum, where there is a thread prefix for it. I will move it there.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I copied the .dll files from C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 to C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 qt, where the profile editor is installed, and that seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Comment

Scratch that - problem not resolved

Comment

Any update on a resolution?

Comment

Hi kristap,
            The profiles created by ProfileEditor are designed for DVDFab 8 QT not for DVDFab MFC(such as 8085).So you should intall it in DVDFab 8 qt.
            If you want use DVDFab QT with ProfileEditor, you can un-install all DVDFab MFC builds, install ProfileEditor and then install DVDFab QT build. But the created profiles can't be recognized by DVDFab MFC.
            Wish it helps.

Comment

Working...
            X