No announcement yet.

8.1.2.5 fails to start M2TS Pass through RIP on Star Wars Phantom Menace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 8.1.2.5 fails to start M2TS Pass through RIP on Star Wars Phantom Menace

So, installed 8.1.2.5 and started to rip Star Wars Phantom Menace (BD). Basically just selected M2TS and passthrough, pressed start.

Elapsed time timer started to increment. Absolutely nothing else happens.

Can't press the cancel button to stop it either. Press the red X at the top of the program display box to stop the application, the dialog asked me if I really wanted to cancel the rip, pressed yes application closed.

Backing back down to 8.1.0.0 ... at least for me with BD Rips using the M2TS passthrough, this is the last version that I can reliably use.

Originally posted by chertens View Post
    So, installed 8.1.2.5 and started to rip Star Wars Phantom Menace (BD). Basically just selected M2TS and passthrough, pressed start.

Elapsed time timer started to increment. Absolutely nothing else happens.

Can't press the cancel button to stop it either. Press the red X at the top of the program display box to stop the application, the dialog asked me if I really wanted to cancel the rip, pressed yes application closed.

Backing back down to 8.1.0.0 ... at least for me with BD Rips using the M2TS passthrough, this is the last version that I can reliably use.
    I am seeing the same thing on the m2ts passthrough profile since the 8.1.2.4 release.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14781

AC3 remux works Ok with 8.1.2.4 and 8.1.2.5 . It seems like the DVDfab folks have some QA issues recently with the m2ts passthrough profile testing. I can see the issues where it doesn't end properly that started after 8.1.0.0 being a little harder to find but something like this, where it never even starts, leads me to believe that nobody is testing this profile before code goes out the door.

Comment

Post the DVDfab internal log from one of these failed processes.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Post the DVDfab internal log from one of these failed processes.
        There are two of them in the thread link I indicated above:

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14781

You'll see one for 8.1.2.4 and 8.1.2.5.

Comment

I have the same problem with 8.1.2.5 - Blu-ray rip - m2ts passthrough.
          I have tried several titles.
          The initial scan appears to finish.
          I press START - the progress screen appears - Task shows 0/1 - Task 0 of 1? - the timer runs but nothing appears on the info panel and the disk is not accessed.

Comment

I see that 8.1.2.6 was released today. I don't see this fix listed. Can anyone indicate whether this is fixed in 8.1.2.6 or not ?

Comment

m2ts passthrough fixed in 8.1.2.6

Just completed m2ts passthrough rips of two titles - Batman Begins and Planet of the Apes - with latest release 8.1.2.6.

Rips begin and end correctly.

Thank you DVDFab

Sorry don't yet have the Star Wars Blu-rays to try.

Comment

Hi jbinkley60,
                It's OK in the new release 8126. Please try it.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                X