Profile editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profile editor

Having a problem with the profile editor I have made a custom profile I will try to walk you threw what I did.

I selected "Device" choose Ipad, select Preset "H264 iPad 1080p Perset" (1920x1080 res), changed frame rate to 30,

Under audio tab I set audio codec "acc", with sample rate of "4800", Audio Channel to "Stereo channels", set Bit Rate to "9600", set Volume to"100"

I have tried it with and without "Import sample video" and same problems.

First problem I select "save to DVDfab" get message "DVDfab start failed! Please start DVDFab manually". Start manually and profile is their so not really a big deal for me

Second problem Im running the ipad dvd ripper option and select the ISO I want to convert and then select the profile I just created everything is as I set it except for the resolution is wrong and shows "1024x440" instead of "1920x1080" that i have set it at. Doesn't matter what dvd source video I choose same results.

Most likely it is something I'm doing any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by killerapplesauce; 10-05-2011, 04:54 AM.

That preset is designed for BD Ripper, not DVD. Even at 1024x440, you are trying to use Ripper to upscale the content, which does not generally produce good results. For conversions from DVDs, try around 704x304, which looks good on the iPad. If you are playing this back on another device, let the player do the upscaling.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank Signals I figured it was something I was doing wrong. I will give it a try I was using the "Ipad h264.1080p" profile which worked great the problem was that when I selected 30 fps it would never stick when I set it as default (was getting ready to do some batch commands). I have to set it at 30 are their tended to be audio sync problems but haven't been able to test any video's converted by the newer version of DVDfab at 24 fps because Ipad is out of town but should be back today.

So what is the standard resolution of DVD?

Do you recommend using the default 24 fps?

My goal was to be able to play them on a 42 or higher LCD HD tv too.
      Last edited by killerapplesauce; 10-05-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

killer,
        Yes, I always use "same as source" frame rate (24 fps usually)for better A/V sync. DVD-Video spec is 720x480 for NTSC, 720x576 for PAL, but the decoded video is different depending on the movie's display aspect ratio (1.33:1, 1.78:1, 2.35:1 etc) and whether it is an anamorphic or pillar/letterbox transfer. Said another way, each one can be different. DVDFab will usually present you with options for the correct aspect ratio for the decoded movie if you set cropping to automatic in Common Settings. For most widescreen movies I usually choose 704Xxxx or 720Xxxx and set the bitrate to produce around 0.20 bits per pixel (b/p), but I suggest you experiment to find the settings that look good to you. Mine look fine on the iPhone4 or iPad, and are OK on a 31" TV, but my player upscales them during playback. You will find the 704/720 width conversions run much faster and produce smaller files.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Great thx for the info was very helpful cheers

Comment

Working...
          X