8.1.2.5 will not rip DVD and BR discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other 8.1.2.5 will not rip DVD and BR discs

DVD discs are still only partially ripped. The last few buffers of video are still not properly written to the hard drive. See the attached logs.

Also, the True HD track of Transformers Dark of the Moon rip crashes after the first minute or less of the movie. See attached logs and screen capture.

The DVD problem has been present for several versions of the code, as I have continually documented with forum posts and private messages. Will it ever get fixed or are we just supposed to not use the software to rip DVDs?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jimkress999 View Post
    DVD discs are still only partially ripped. The last few buffers of video are still not properly written to the hard drive. See the attached logs.

Also, the True HD track of Transformers Dark of the Moon rip crashes after the first minute or less of the movie. See attached logs and screen capture.

The DVD problem has been present for several versions of the code, as I have continually documented with forum posts and private messages. Will it ever get fixed or are we just supposed to not use the software to rip DVDs?
    Attached BR vso log since limited to 5 in first post. Also attached final DVD logs where A/V set to software only and Pathplayer disabled.
    Attached Files

Comment

Jim
      Does this happen with ALL source content or just on the examples for which you have attached the log files?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi jimkress999
        Your drive also has one more firmware update, you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...112EU.EXE.html.

Please do not convert from your drive.
        First save it to your HDD as BD50 "Movie Only" without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder and use the file on your HDD for your converting.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
        Also for your DVD WHITE COLLAR S1 D3 please enable Pathplayer
        Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab and try again.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Jim
          Does this happen with ALL source content or just on the examples for which you have attached the log files?
          The DVD problem occurs with every DVD I try.

The BR problem has only shown up with the True HD track of the Transformers Dark of the Moon. If I use the AC-3/5.1 track, I get a complete rip with ALL the video, i.e. the last buffers are not lost as in the DVD case.

The firmware I am using is the latest offered on the Manufacturers web site (as of today). I will not use 3rd party, questionable reliability firmware in any device I own. That is a recipe for disaster and a good way to make your BR drive inoperable.

As I have indicated many times previously, the DVD problem occurs irrespective of my doing a direct rip from the optical disk or a copy to the HD and then rip. The BR rip I was able to successfully complete (using the AC-3/5.1 track) was a direct rip from the optical device.

Comment

Is the last of the DVD missing if you play it from the HDD folder?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The QA Team is working on this now to first try to duplicate it, then correct it. The logs were a big help.

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate the reply.

Originally posted by signals View Post
                The QA Team is working on this now to first try to duplicate it, then correct it. The logs were a big help.
                Should I be trying the new release and/or beta to see if the problems are fixed?

Comment

Hi jimkress999,
                  A new beta build is release, DVDFab 8128 QT beta. Please try it. http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA.

Thanks for your support!

Comment

8128 Beta

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
                    Hi jimkress999,
                    A new beta build is release, DVDFab 8128 QT beta. Please try it. http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA.

Thanks for your support!
                    I did try that one, on my DVDs. It still doesn't dump all the video into the wmv file.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reduced audio bit rate in wma10

Originally posted by jimkress999 View Post
                      I did try that one, on my DVDs. It still doesn't dump all the video into the wmv file.
                      I tried reducing the bit rate to 256 from the default 320 in the wma10 profile, as suggested in another thread. I still do not get all the video.

Is there a final buffer flush/ write that's not being done (or done properly) in the code at the end of the DVD rip process?

Comment

Try 8.0.8.5

I just ripped Transformers: Dark of the Moon to mp4h264 5.1 448 audio using 8.0.8.5 and wireless streaming playback on the PS3 is flawless. Essentially no difference than if it were playing from the Blu Ray

Try the old 8.0.8.5 version. It seems to work well

In fact, since 8.0.8.5 I have not been able to get any rips to play without pausing.

fishinggent

Comment

Did you use the True HD audio track?

Originally posted by fishinggent View Post
                          I just ripped Transformers: Dark of the Moon to mp4h264 5.1 448 audio using 8.0.8.5 and wireless streaming playback on the PS3 is flawless. Essentially no difference than if it were playing from the Blu Ray

Try the old 8.0.8.5 version. It seems to work well

In fact, since 8.0.8.5 I have not been able to get any rips to play without pausing.

fishinggent
                          Did you use the True HD audio track?

Comment

True HD

I dont recall the type of audio, but I always choose the best English audio which has always been the audio track listed at the top of the audio choices in DVDFab. It seems that the best audio is selected by DVDFab. I also go with the DVDFab preselection of 448bit 5.1 surround. I think it may have been DTS true hd, but I can not say for certain. But I know I chose the sound in the audio track at the top of the list.

During playback the audio is definately high quality with great surround seperation through a 7.1 speaker setup.

Since the QT product came out, I have had so many of the issues discussed on so many of the threads, mostly pausing with playback, not finishing rips or burns, delayed audio, no audio, no playback, etc. I have had so many of those issues that using QT has become more of a waste of my time than it is worth. When I use 8.0.8.5, the only issues I have had is lagging audio with a very small percentage of rips. (So far, 7 out of 90 movies) I still have not figured out how to correct the audio lag though.

I dont know if the computer makes a difference but I use:

AMD 1055 T 6 core
                            Gigabyte 890FXA UD5 mother board
                            XFX 4770 vid card
                            8 gigs DDR3 1600 ram

fishinggent

Comment

Sorry counted wrong

Sorry, I forgot to count the kids movie folder. So, using DVDFab versions up until 8.0.8.5 I have had problems with 7 out of 133 rips.

With any of the versions after 8.0.8.5, I have not gotten a single rip to playback, PERIOD!

fishinggent

Comment

Working...
                              X