Rip gets stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Rip gets stuck

Yesterday, I was ripping a new blu-ray, The Adjustment Bureau, and it stuck about half-way thru. My rip parameters were nothing special, I had used them many times with success previously. This happened with both versions of DVDfab, 8.0.8.5 and 8.1.2.0, that I frequently use. And it happened with other software that I use also!! So it is not a problem unique to DVDfab!

I tried playing the blu-ray on my PC, and it refused to play (at all). My player gave some error that I had never seen before, but it just refused. So I tried my PS3... it played on my PS3. But not without issues... at about half-way thru the movie, it started getting stutters and jumps. That is, at 3 or 4 locations it momentarily froze, then jumped ahead several seconds, so that certain parts of the movie were skipped. This, to me, acts like a damaged disc. But the disc is pristine! Brand new, flawless to the eye.

I am returning the disc to the store for refund. I think it has a error in production.

I mention it here only because it would be nice if DVDfab performed as well as the PS3. Instead of just getting totally stuck at the read-error points, offer an option thru a dialog box to ask if the customer would like it to jump ahead a few seconds, to bypass the bad part. It already asks to retry or ignore... but in this case, it would be better to just jump ahead a bit to bypass.

Hi pawnslinger,
    Please post your lastest internal log here.
    The default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by pawnslinger View Post
      ................................edited............ ...
      I am returning the disc to the store for refund. I think it has a error in production.

I mention it here only because it would be nice if DVDfab performed as well as the PS3. Instead of just getting totally stuck at the read-error points, offer an option thru a dialog box to ask if the customer would like it to jump ahead a few seconds, to bypass the bad part. It already asks to retry or ignore... but in this case, it would be better to just jump ahead a bit to bypass.
      You can control how DVDFab deals with read errors in Common Settings->Read, including how many sectors it will skip to try to avoid the bad spot and how many times it will re-read it to try to extract the data.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        You can control how DVDFab deals with read errors in Common Settings->Read, including how many sectors it will skip to try to avoid the bad spot and how many times it will re-read it to try to extract the data.
        Thanks for the tip!! I will enable the skip feature immediately. Any idea how to set (how much) the skip? I guess I will be able to ask a better question after playing around with it... thanks again for the pointer!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Okay, I am confused. When I went into the settings for "Read", it already had the sector skip set to 32. Is there some way to further enable this? I couldn't find anything further to set. And 32 seems like plenty... should it be a bigger number of sectors? I did notice that the retry count was set to 1, which seems a little low, so I changed that to 10. (maybe that is too high, we will see how it goes... to bad the disc that was causing the problems is now returned to the store)

Comment

Working...
          X