Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
    Hi jbinkley60
    I am not sure if this will help but, your drive has a firmware update and you will find it here 5L09
    Note if you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.
    CBR929
    I did the upgrade to SL09 and reripped Fast Five. I got the same results with the m2ts.ac3.high_quality profile where the audio lags the video after the middle of the movie. I ripped The River Why Blu-Ray and it was fine. I haven't had time to dig out my Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray and test it.

Comment

I have been having the same issue as TC with certain BluRays. "Role Models" and "Bridesmaids" both had a huge AV sync discrepency by the end of the rip. Other discs such as "Captain America" worked fine for me. I used the same updated version of DVDFab for all three. One thing I did notice is that the movies that become out of sync have a large number of smaller source files for the whole movie. Maybe a small gap of .1 seconds is added between each source which would result in a larger noticable gap by the end of the movie. The discs that ripped fine typically had one larger source file.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrewax View Post
        I have been having the same issue as TC with certain BluRays. "Role Models" and "Bridesmaids" both had a huge AV sync discrepency by the end of the rip. Other discs such as "Captain America" worked fine for me. I used the same updated version of DVDFab for all three. One thing I did notice is that the movies that become out of sync have a large number of smaller source files for the whole movie. Maybe a small gap of .1 seconds is added between each source which would result in a larger noticable gap by the end of the movie. The discs that ripped fine typically had one larger source file.
        Exactly the same issue I am seeing. It does occur when there are many small source files but not on every movie that has a bunch of small source files. I am sure there is something in common like the encoding method or similar.

Comment

The problem is still prevalent in 8.1.3.2. I just created an M2TS on the BD movie "Paul," and as soon as it finished, I played the output, and jumped to a point perhaps 4/5 of the way in ... there was a MAJOR synch problem... At a guess, the audio was between 1500 and 2000ms ahead of the video.

I've already disabled all GPU codecs - so that's not the issue.

I have a hunch that the issue has something to do with the fact that the DVD has two full-length tracks - 800 and 801 (see screenshot).

Also, I've attached the zipped logfile as an attachment.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Djinn View Post
            The problem is still prevalent in 8.1.3.2. I just created an M2TS on the BD movie "Paul," and as soon as it finished, I played the output, and jumped to a point perhaps 4/5 of the way in ... there was a MAJOR synch problem... At a guess, the audio was between 1500 and 2000ms ahead of the video.

I've already disabled all GPU codecs - so that's not the issue.

I have a hunch that the issue has something to do with the fact that the DVD has two full-length tracks - 800 and 801 (see screenshot).

Also, I've attached the zipped logfile as an attachment.

Update - the problem is not limited to the HQ profile (as suggested in the thread title). I tried again using the "Fast" profile, and hit the same problem.

Comment

So... Am I the only one having this problem? DVDFab used to be the end-all solution... Now it seems there are many BDs out there that DVDFab is incapable of ripping successfully.

Comment

same issues

I'm also having issues with audio sync for any blu-ray comprised of multiple m2ts files. dvdfab support suggested the usual (turn off CUPA, download the beta version, etc), unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem. they did suggest i try to export to MKV and select 'audiocopy' - and that seems to produce a file that is in-sync enough to watch, but my ps3 doesn't play back mkv files. When I select the audiocopy for m2ts, the audio doesn't play on my computer (could be audio drivers, not sure). I don't have that audiocopy versions for iPad or iPhone, so I'm out of luck there for now. Hopefully they'll be able to confirm there is a problem and get some resources around to fix it soon.

Comment

Can anyone from DVDfab comment on whether this issue is addressed or not with the latest 8.1.35 qt beta ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                    Can anyone from DVDfab comment on whether this issue is addressed or not with the latest 8.1.35 qt beta ?
                    I'm using 8.3.1.2 ... Give me a link to the beta, and I'll report back tomorrow as to whether the issue was addressed.

Comment

Hi Djinn,
                      Here is what you want. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...348#post103348

Comment

Referencing the screenshot I posted in #19 of this thread, I used the 8.1.3.5 beta to rip tracks 800 and 801 to separate .m2ts files, using the high-quality profile. Per other suggestions, "Disable all GPU codecs..." was checked.

This morning, I played each of them, and jumped to a point about 5/6 of the way through the film - and the audio sync problem was present in both files.

Comment

Just an update... I gave up on DVDFab's ability to create M2TS files, and tried both MKV and MP4 last night.

The good news is that the A/V appear to be synced. The bad news is that the burned-in subtitles (which I regularly use) are completely out of sync with the audio.

Comment

newest version...

i spent some time sending logs back and forth with DVDfab. Try m2ts.passthrough - it was synced for me... unfortunately, the HD audio doesn't play back on my ps3, nor do the ipad/iphone profiles work. the newest version has some kind of profile editor - maybe someone will create a profile that works...

Comment

Ok...

So DVDFab Bluray Ripper apparently has problems with titles, where the main movie is not in one m2ts file. When more m2ts files are, audio overlapping isn't corrected correctly by DVDFab. The more m2ts files are, the more the audio is out of sync.

When I use eac3to to extract main movie to single streams, I am seeing "fixing audio overlap of XX miliseconds" on each m2ts to m2ts switching. Then, when I re-join them to the MKV, Bluray or something else, audio, video and subs are perfectly in sync.

Even m2ts.passthrough has some slight a/v sync problem, but it's less.

This is the log in EAC3TO, what I am talking about....
                              Code:
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 16ms at playtime 0:03:09.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 0:05:39.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 32ms at playtime 0:06:05.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 20ms at playtime 0:15:45.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 14ms at playtime 0:16:19.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 12ms at playtime 0:22:21.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 12ms at playtime 0:22:43.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 32ms at playtime 0:36:09.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 18ms at playtime 0:36:16.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 0:47:54.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 19ms at playtime 0:48:21.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 12ms at playtime 0:58:54.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 23ms at playtime 0:59:10.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 32ms at playtime 1:12:13.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 17ms at playtime 1:12:47.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 7ms at playtime 1:24:13.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 17ms at playtime 1:25:03.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 25ms at playtime 1:33:36.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 21ms at playtime 1:34:36.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 26ms at playtime 1:35:10.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 16ms at playtime 1:35:26.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 18ms at playtime 1:47:18.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 10ms at playtime 1:47:37.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 11ms at playtime 1:49:23.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 1:49:35.
                              a05 Audio overlaps for 12ms at playtime 1:54:10.
                              a05 Starting 2nd pass...
                              a05 Realizing (E-)AC3 gaps...

Comment

Has anyone from DVDFab acknowledged the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X