Preview problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Preview problems

I'm having a couple of problems with the preview feature.
    1) Preview no longer shows subtitles, hard to select the correct subtitle with out this feature. Some have three english versions. I am pretty sure this is a recent development
    2) Preview is a little more reliable, however at times it will crash the program, generally when working with a large queue requiring me to start all over or convert one file at a time. Unfortunately it is not consistant, but it generally is special features rather than the main feature that this occurs on.

On the other hand, the conversions are much quicker than the last stable release.

THANKS!

Hi Floyd,
    Please Open Fab click the Click the Green √ at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >Preview. Change Decoder to DirectShow and then check the preview.
    What's more, preview will load the subtitile automatically after starting to play.

Wish it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
      Hi Floyd,
      Please Open Fab click the Click the Green √ at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >Preview. Change Decoder to DirectShow and then check the preview.
      What's more, preview will load the subtitile automatically after starting to play.

Wish it helps!
      Cheked the settings, DirectShow was already selected, alth DXVA was also selected, I unselected DXVA since it's not an option with the video card. That didn't work.

Switched to internal and that fixed that problem. I'll play with it and see if that still locks up the software.

Comment

There are some Preview fixes in the newest beta, v8.1.2.9, please try it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, I tried it. Didn't get very far. Couldn't get preview to work at all. Tried conversion and after 15 minutes nothing happened.
          Canceled the run and the program is completely locked up. It's been locked for about 10 minutes, not doing much.

14m 56.17s: info: create config(0)
          14m 56.17s: info: convert profile(generic.default)
          14m 56.17s: info: dvd playlist(11),angle(0),chapter(1->3),3D(0)
          14m 56.17s: info: streams((480.2)(128.1)(32.16))
          14m 56.25s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
          14m 56.25s: info: subpicture preset(2), mode(2)
          14m 57.34s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(30) bitrate(1047)
          15m 01.53s: subpicture(32) mode(2)
          29m 46.75s: sync_filter: not get stream(1) offset, then eos

Comment

I couldn't get DirectShow to work at all, yet. Using Internal causes the program to lock up completely, if you do anything but just play. MSVCR90.DLL appears to be doing a lot of work when the program locks and continues to with several end task requests, but never unlocks, at least for 20 minutes. Of course I have no idea if it is the problem or something else is a problem, like my wonderful ATI video card drivers or something else. Hard to say, I'm just listing what Process explorer says is running under the DVDFab thread.

Comment

Working...
            X