Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Divx Avi File is created with errors!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Every Divx Avi File is created with errors!!

Beeing about 30 years in the IT-Business, I never thought, that ripping all my dvd's to a media-drive would be such a terrible thing to do.

my panasonic tv accepts but divx. now there is a preset in dvdfab which lets me convert my dvd's to avi.divx. the sound can even be left as it comes from the dvd. I even can upscale to 1080 with dvdfab, with an acceptalbe amount of processing time, but:

the file's avi-index is not done correcty. symptoms are: opening on the pc with windows mediaplayer, after about 70 % of the file no scrolling possible, while before it works fine. opening with vlc-player ist instantly ask's to repair the avi index and does it, but you cant save the repaired file, it would be a workaround.

please get rid of this error, I alternately spent about 20 hours of trying several other tools which got me to no usable result. even ripping to vod with dvdfab and converting to divx using the divx-converter did not work. no other tool then dvdfab could handle the copyright protection of my (previously bought dvd's) so good. the screen, resizing option is really a good thing, but the files are not working

deeply desperate, christian from switzerland

ps: and yes, i did download the latest version.

ps2: by the way, there are some other bug's which might not have been gotten public: when you try to rip the movie into chapter parts oder into parts with your own time-settings, you will get (independent of the format chosen) chapters which overlap. for example: first chapter schould be 1 to 10 minutes. second chapter schould be 11 to 20 minutes. In stead you geht first chapter beeing only 1 to 8 or 1 to 12 minutes. so you will have to cue to continue the film or you will even have missing parts

ps3: when entering the dvd-ripper, the main movie ist selected with the default language. if you want to change the language or subtitles, it does not alway change, you will find the converted film unchanged, but you can check the preview before converting. sometimes you will have to unselect the main film, then change the language-settings, then select the main-movie again to get these settings working.

Hi skccs32,
    Firstly, the un-completed playing is a known bug and we are dealing with it. Please give us more time.
    Secondly, you can change the chapter in "Title Start/End Settings" and then play it in the internal player of DVDFab to check.
    Thirdly,which profile do you use? If you convert with multi-audio tracks and multi subpicture, you need to change the settings of player to what you want. You can also select single audio track and single subpicture.
    Thanks for your supports!

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
      Hi skccs32,
      Firstly, the un-completed playing is a known bug and we are dealing with it. Please give us more time.
      Secondly, you can change the chapter in "Title Start/End Settings" and then play it in the internal player of DVDFab to check.
      Thirdly,which profile do you use? If you convert with multi-audio tracks and multi subpicture, you need to change the settings of player to what you want. You can also select single audio track and single subpicture.
      Thanks for your supports!
      Dear Terry5,

thank you for your quick answer. Well it seems, that I will have to live with my staples of dvd's in my living room for some time longer Any suggestions for a workaround?

Greetings from Switzerland, Christian.

PS: The problems you mentioned unter secondy/thirdly are not my main concern.

Comment

Christian
        Possible workaround: try one of the MP4 profiles, such as iPhone4.h264. They are almost universally playable on media players.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Christian
          Possible workaround: try one of the MP4 profiles, such as iPhone4.h264. They are almost universally playable on media players.
          Dear Signals,

thank you for your help.

The manual of my TV set states, that apart from divx, only avchd and MPEG 2 in combination with Theo following audio are supported: mpeg 1, with mpeg layer 2 or Dolby digital.

I thougt, divx would create smallet files than mpg2. Also, i wanted to have a format which is reusable if my tv set dies and i get a new one from an other brand. Does dvdfab do mpeg 2?

Greetings from switzerland, christian.

Comment

Have you tried it with XVid? I usually find that TV's will play both.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also try a VOB passthrough and change the extension from .VOB to .mpg.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                Also try a VOB passthrough and change the extension from .VOB to .mpg.
                Dear 90312 (? ;-) I tried that, but my TV-Set did not recognize the file. Thank you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  Have you tried it with XVid? I usually find that TV's will play both.
                  Dear GregyBoy,

it took me some time to do another testing (also with renaming vob to mpg, and I also tried another product which was not able to scale the screen the way dvdfab does).

But today finally I found, that my panasonic tv plays xvid perfectly. This is the solution for me!! I will start to convert all of my dvds now (just bought a 2 TB External Disk).

Thank you so much! I'm so glad, to get it working now!!

Greetings from Switzerland, Christian.

PS: I will do another testing converting dvd to a resolution of 1080 and hope the file will play smoothly on my tv set.

Comment

You should not upscale from DVD to 1080p.

There is absolutely no advantage doing this!!!
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You should not upscale from DVD to 1080p.

There is absolutely no advantage doing this!!!
                      Thank you gregiboy, I just wrote a private message to you, to get more informations concerning this. it seems to be off topic and probably most of the readers know already how to handle that ;-)

Comment

Don't do support by PM's...

Either your player or your TV will and should do a better job of upscaling the file than upscaling in Fab.

Have a read of my "Best Practice" thread (Link in my sig below). It covers most DVD questions.

Comment

Don't do support by PM's...

Either your player or your TV will and should do a better job of upscaling the file than upscaling in Fab.

Have a read of my "Best Practice" thread (Link in my sig below). It covers most DVD questions.
                          Thank you again. I will go through your thread. As much as I know, my TV-Set does no Upscaling at all. But possibly my DVD-Player's USB-Input does upscale. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by skccs32 View Post
                            Dear GregyBoy,

But today finally I found, that my panasonic tv plays xvid perfectly. This is the solution for me!! I will start to convert all of my dvds now (just bought a 2 TB External Disk).
                            well, as of today, when I downloaded the latest version of dvdfab, xvid seems to have the same problem as divx.
                            now xvid-files are created corrupted too!!

Comment

Working...
                            X