Kindle Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Kindle Fire?

hi i just wanted to check if BD ripper will also back movies up for the Kindle fire before i buy it, thanks.

What are the video file requirements?

Never mind, you can't find them, at least in detail. It claims to play MP4s, so one of the many choices in BD Ripper should be able to make something it will accept. The reviews on Amazon say that the Fire is limited in regard to video playback and that if you expect it to play videos like an iPad you will be disappointed. I have no idea if this is true. Amazon posts essentially no technical specs on video playback as far as supported bitrate/framerate/frame size etc. so buyer beware.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Kindle Fire

I'm using the aVia player off the Amazon store site (free download).

I've gotten mp4 using h264.acc to work, 48kHz stereo, 720x video at 500 and 750kbps. I suspect higher video rates will work, but with the increased file size. 750kbps seems to be a good compromise of quality and size.

Trying 1024x for an HD movie... will report back when test complete.

Comment

i used the setting "ipad.mp4"....looks good, still getting black borders.

Comment

Originally posted by The Machine View Post
          hi i just wanted to check if BD ripper will also back movies up for the Kindle fire before i buy it, thanks.
          I have a Nook Color which is close. The player that came with it was pretty bad and they gave very little information so i rooted and added mobo player which works just fine. Around the house i use TVersity to stream video and for travel i just copy files to the SD card, same files I use on my WDTV Live.
          .h264 .avi 1000 to 1400 kbps. I noticed it seems a little jumpy on the last movie, so I have to do some playing with the Kbps.

Everything takes time....

Comment

Working...
          X