End of the video cut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper End of the video cut off

I'm really frustrated... since I bought this software (2-3 months ago) has had the same issue, all the new movies I tried to rip in AVI has the end cut off (10 - 15 minutes before the end of the movie) including the credits.

This doesn't happen with my old DVD movies though... just the new ones.

I have updated to the new releases every time there's a new one in hopes the issue is resolved but no luck...

Is this issue ever going to be fixed?

Hi aruz
    I understand your frustration, I'm sure they will get it fixed soon.
    Are you using the latest version and could you also post your logs?
    The default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for your promptly response...

I don't know why is taking them too long to fix this problem, I'm a Software Engineer and if I ever took that long to fix a bug like this in a comercial software I'll get fired!

Hopefully they'll fix it soon... here's the logs:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi aruz
        Thanks for the logs maybe it will help them figure this out.
        They should be online later on tonight
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi aruz,
          Please do not use avi(2gb-) profile. Use other profiles and try again.
          Enjoy yourself.
          Last edited by CBR929; 11-26-2011, 03:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Unfortunatelly I have to use AVI... is the only common supported format among all my network devices (Google TV, xbox, Android and Windows).

So any hopes this will be fixed soon?

Comment

Your problem is common to many AVI encoders when dealing with DVD content. The last chapter of a DVD movie is often encoded differently for the credits and an AVI encoder can't handle the transition very well. The actual last part of the movie might be there (try playing with VLC) but the client might be dumping out at the transition point. AVI is required to be consistent and DVD content is anything but consistent.

Terry is right, you should likely seek a new format. Maybe MP4 will work across your devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                Your problem is common to many AVI encoders when dealing with DVD content. The last chapter of a DVD movie is often encoded differently for the credits and an AVI encoder can't handle the transition very well. The actual last part of the movie might be there (try playing with VLC) but the client might be dumping out at the transition point. AVI is required to be consistent and DVD content is anything but consistent.

Terry is right, you should likely seek a new format. Maybe MP4 will work across your devices.
                Not just AVI. Ripping to XBOX360 wma10 profile produces a similar error, i.e. the video freezes with about 1 -2 min to go in the program or movie being ripped.

We're up to 7 releases so far and this bug has not been fixed.

Comment

Have you tried MP4 yet?
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X