No announcement yet.

Subtitle Issue (Foreign Scenes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitle Issue (Foreign Scenes)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to make subtitles show up only for foreign language scenes when converting to AVI and MKV? I don't want the whole movie in subtitles, just the foreign scenes. Thanks.

Put a check in the little box, just below the subtitle window, where it says "Display Only Forced Subpicture".
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I did that before I converted to MKV, and still no subs show up. It shows that there is a separate folder under the mkv file that says subs though.

Comment

I did check that box before I converted to mkv, and when I played the movie, there were still no subs on the foreign scenes. Any other ideas?

Comment

Sounds like the subs were extracted to sub/idx files in that subdirectory you see.

If you want the foreign language forced subs to always be displayed, you have a few choices:

Option 1:
          You need to re-rip and in addition to having "Display Only Forced Subpicture" checked you will need to click the Edit button next to the profile box and select direct "render to video" in the subpicture section near the bottom right corner of the "Conversion Settings" screen.

Option 2:
          Use a 3rd party tool like mkvmerge (free) to open the mkv/sub/idx files, flag the subtitles as forced, and then remux the idx/sub subtitle files into the mkv file.

Option 3:
          Get your player (you don't mention what you use) to automatically find and load the subtitle files so they display by default when you play the movie. VLC and a number of other players have option to identify subtitle files based on various parameters (location, name, file type)

good luck

Comment

Working...
          X