No announcement yet.

Is a glitch free rip even posible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Is a glitch free rip even posible?

I now have a good quantity of TV show episodes ripped now, but every single one, has some form of glitching, at some point during the episode. So I was just wondering, is glitch free ripping even possible?

I have just tried the same section of a DVD in three different profiles, generic, iPad and XBox 360 (which uses .WMV, and not MP4)... and every single one of them had the same glitch, in the exact same point in the rip. Which indicates to me a fundamental flaw in the encoding process.

You can see from the attached image (low quality as it was taken from the preview window in Vegas), the same glitch, in the same place, and this was with different profiles.

From what I can gather, every single one of the few hundred episodes I have ripped, is junked in this way... which isn't really acceptable for a commercial ripping programme.

Any ideas? Any further info required?

I presume the "failed to read sense key", is because the DVDs are couterfeit... ironic that I am ripping discs, that are being commercially sold as counterfeits... goold old EBay eh? But regardless, if I play the DVD, it plays fine.
    Attached Files

Well, there must be something wrong with your process as I have ripped literally thousands of titles.

A bit more information on what/how you are doing would help.

PS: Discussion on piracy on this forum is VERBOTTEN!!!
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-11-2011, 10:28 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Consider your source material. If they were not authored correctly, you can't expect DVDFab to work miracles. I have 42GB of flawless conversions on my iPad, from DVD and Blu-ray. We will assume that you purchased these thinking they were legit copies.

I doubt there is much anyone can tell you without having the same sources to test, other than to suggest that you set the A/V codec controls in Common Settings to all Software and use DVD or Blu-ray Copy to copy the files to a folder on your hard drive and run the conversions from that as a Source.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Consider your source material. If they were not authored correctly, you can't expect DVDFab to work miracles. I have 42GB of flawless conversions on my iPad, from DVD and Blu-ray. We will assume that you purchased these thinking they were legit copies.

I doubt there is much anyone can tell you without having the same sources to test, other than to suggest that you set the A/V codec controls in Common Settings to all Software and use DVD or Blu-ray Copy to copy the files to a folder on your hard drive and run the comversions from that as a Source.
        Yes, I did buy them thinking they were legal If you try and buy Castle Season 3, or the Twilight Zone Complete Collection, it is hard work finding genuine ones. I've even just discovered that my presumed genuine MacGyver DVDs from two years ago, are in fact counterfeit... I'm sick of buying discs that turn out to be fake to be quite honest.

I have just tried with settings set to all software, and got the same glitch, in the same place, whilst using the Generic profile. I will try DVD copy later (which I had to buy even though I didn't need it I might add), and see what the results are.

And please note:- "But regardless, if I play the DVD, it plays fine.". If the discs weren't authored correctly, the DVD wouldn't play. So I have over 700GB of flawed rips, from a huge selection of genuine DVDs. I'm not even going to discuss Blu-Ray at this point. But it kind of outnumbers a mere 42GB of perfect rips, whichever way you look at it.

I don't want it to work miracles, I just want it to work.
        Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2011, 04:56 PM. Reason: threat removed.

Comment

Greg is stating forum policy not attacking you.
          Your threat was uncalled for and will not be tolerated.

This is the only warning you will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
            Greg is stating forum policy not attacking you.
            Your threat was uncalled for and will not be tolerated.

This is the only warning you will get.
            If he didn't think I was commiting PIRACY, he wouldn't have said anything... but he did. I was stating my policy on the legal standings regarding libel. Moral is... obtain the facts, then state policy... don't presume guilt based on what you read.

I mean, what are you going to do, ban a paying customer from accessing the technical support forum? Technical Support is part of the legal contract of purchase. You take that away, and DVDFab (and you) are going to have problems.

Unless you want to refund the license fee for all my purchased software that is, then you can issue as many warnings as you like. Until then, tread carefully.

Comment

Use your suspension time to reflect on your attitude toward others.

Comment

LeeC22

Playing a DVD is not the same as copying it. Just because it plays does not mean it will copy correctly.

I used the Ipad rips just as an example. I have been using this product since version 2, and I know what it is capable of doing. Your source material is low quality, probably with little or no QC testing and shoddy authoring and pressing. Buy your discs from some other vendor. I have never gotten a counterfeit from amazon or movies unlimited.

The support that is included with a DVDFab license is the email support from the staff in Beijing. Don't make threats.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X