Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper conversion hangs/freezes

-- using current ver 8.1.3.8
    -- dvdfab_process log file doesn't provide any error code or cause.
    -- dvdfab_internal log file provides the following:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

19m 08.27s: info: create config(0)
    19m 08.27s: info: convert profile(iPad.h264)
    19m 08.29s: info: dvd playlist(10),angle(0),chapter(1->12),3D(0)
    19m 08.29s: info: streams((480.2)(131.2))
    19m 12.45s: info: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
    19m 12.45s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
    19m 13.70s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(0) level(30) bitrate(1308)

-- encoding fps increases for several minutes, then starts descreasing until it hangs, usually at the same percent complete. see attached file.

Please advise.
    Attached Files

I have the same issue. The task timer keeps counting up, but the task time left says Zero. If you press the options or preview tab, it says no re-encoding is going on.

Seems to be a bug in the software? I was able to successful rip one movie, except accidentally ripped it with subtitles. Trying to rip same movie again without subtitles and now it just continuously hangs.

It will start encoding fine, then slow down the FPS encoding and then it stops displaying the FPS and just sits there.

Comment

Both: please post the ENTIRE internal log session for this disc.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am having the exact same problem as described by the previous member. I only just paid for lifetime subscription for DVD Copy and DVD Ripper. After registration I successfully ripped several DVDs to iPad format, then suddenly it stops working as per the previous member's entry.
        I have wasted so much time trying to work out the problem by modifying preferences mentioned in these forum threads, but still no luck. I have even tried uninstalling and re-installing several times in the hope that maybe it only works for a limited number of DVDs before it stops.
        I hope they work out this issue quickly as there seems to be alot of users impacted.

Comment

Since my post I have unistalled the latest version and re-installed version 8.0.8.5 and all problems resolved. Version 8.1.3.8 must be full of bugs.

Comment

I can confirm. In my tests today (1.2.12) the issue is movie specific. I did several successfully then ran into one that wound down and stopped. I did everything I know to do to convert it without success. I used a different program and the same movie converted successfully. There is an issue but it is intermittent and beyond my experience.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I wouldn't mind betting it is the difference in the audio streams available in the title. Have struck this before.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I tried all different combinations of audio, output, etc and still no luck. But managed to successfully rip the same DVD with earlier version. I had this success with many DVDs, not just one. Given all the posts regardng this same problem, I find it hard to believe it is DVD specific.
                Happy to keep using earlier version until this release gets the all clear.

Comment

That may be, but it's not something I can see. It has an AC 3/2 audio track but so does some others that convert fine.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Please try the lastest build 8151 QT beta and post the result.

Comment

I’ve been converting off and on all day with 8.1.5.1 with good success just that one off failure. Midway collector’s edition will not convert to iPad h264 with DVDFab. I converted it to iPad with two other programs successfully but Fab slows down on the counter and eventually stops. I checked with Task Manager and the CPU activity stops abruptly; while the counter slows nothing is happening.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
                        Please try the lastest build 8151 QT beta and post the result.
                        Has this version been thoroughly unit & system tested? Does this also mean that the current version 8.1.3.8 will remain with all the bugs?
                        To keep unistalling and installing is very time conconsuming. I think I'll stick with the latest stable version and keep an eye on this thread before updating again. Cheers.

Comment

Hi Russ2403,
                          New beta release will fix some bugs or add new feature. More user experience will be added in the latest release.

Comment

Here are the mediainfo files on both the DVDFab 8.1.5.2 failure and the good conversion by something else for comparison.
                            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

I too just paid for a Lifetime licence of DVD Ripper and am having the same issue in terms of DVD Ripper freezing when I try to rip to iPad format. I have tried it with the latest full version (8.1.3.8) and the latest Beta (8.1.5.3), and I have tried with and without GPU and Lightning.

The below two extracts from the log file was for my last two attempts using the Beta first, with GPU disabled and then, with GPU and Lightning disabled.

I will be reverting to an older more stable verison until these bugs are fixed. Please fix this problem soon!

Extract from log file:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVDFab 8.1.5.3 (2012/01/08 18:07:21)

0m 06.36s: Qt Translator file load success
                              0m 11.12s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                              0m 19.94s: detected dvd
                              0m 19.99s: drive E
                              0m 19.99s: dvd type 1
                              0m 19.99s: volume label DVD_VIDEO
                              0m 20.16s: got copyright 1 fe
                              0m 20.46s: got udf/iso
                              0m 21.77s: got discinfo
                              0m 21.78s: pathplayer enabled
                              0m 55.18s: got dvdinfo
                              0m 55.42s: opened dvd
                              0m 19.18s:

0m 19.18s: info: create config(0)
                              0m 19.18s: info: convert profile(iPad.h264)
                              0m 19.18s: info: dvd playlist(4),angle(0),chapter(1->2),3D(0)
                              0m 19.18s: info: streams((480.2)(128.2))
                              0m 20.90s: info: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
                              0m 20.90s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                              0m 23.21s: warning: h264 encode macroblocks per second(45494) exceed the standard(40500), video size(720x540, 29.97), specify profile(0)-level(30)
                              0m 23.21s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(31) bitrate(1748)
                              0m 45.46s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

DVDFab 8.1.5.3 (2012/01/08 18:18:48)

0m 06.42s: Qt Translator file load success
                              0m 09.99s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                              0m 36.76s: detected dvd
                              0m 36.81s: drive E
                              0m 36.81s: dvd type 1
                              0m 36.81s: volume label DVD_VIDEO
                              0m 36.97s: got copyright 1 fe
                              0m 37.28s: got udf/iso
                              0m 38.56s: got discinfo
                              0m 38.57s: pathplayer enabled
                              0m 11.98s: got dvdinfo
                              0m 12.22s: opened dvd
                              0m 08.42s:

0m 08.42s: info: create config(0)
                              0m 08.42s: info: convert profile(iPad.h264)
                              0m 08.42s: info: dvd playlist(4),angle(0),chapter(1->2),3D(0)
                              0m 08.42s: info: streams((480.2)(128.2))
                              0m 10.10s: info: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
                              0m 10.10s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                              0m 13.42s: warning: h264 encode macroblocks per second(45494) exceed the standard(40500), video size(720x540, 29.97), specify profile(0)-level(30)
                              0m 13.42s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(31) bitrate(1748)

Comment

Working...
                              X