Slow ripping - comparing two machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Slow ripping - comparing two machines

I have two computers with the same motherboard (ASUS M3A78-EM). I have an Athlon II X2 250 dual-core and an Phenom II X6 1090T hex-core. On the dual-core, I can rip a DVD at 180 fps. For the same DVD on the hex-core, I can only rip at 60 fps. Do you have any suggestions on what I need to do to get the hex-core to rip at least as fast as the dual-core?

I did try uninstalling the DVD burner on the hex-core system but that didn't fix the problem.

Disable all GPU processing on the hex core machine and see if it helps.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Differences in the optical drive, SATA controller (or other BIOS) settings, memory speed, bus speeds, HDD R/W speed, video card--could be many things, even with the same motherboard. Also possibly the way that DVDFab can utilize multithreading may be different for the two CPUs, you could check that with task manager.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X