Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio volume adjustment without video compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio volume adjustment without video compression?

Is there a way for adjusting the audio volume without video compression?
    I would have expected that VOB would provide this facility but the audio is not adjustable.

With VOB passthrough the audio/video is unchanged from the original (passedthrough).
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

This does not answer the question.

Comment

Ok, then the answer is no.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

The audio stream is not decoded in Passthrough, therefore it can't be adjusted. To accomplish your goal, it would be necessary to decode and re-encode the audio stream, then mux it back with the video into a VOB file. DVDFab can't do this on its own, but you could do it using DVDFab or Passkey to decrypt the disc, then manipulate the results with various freeware products. It would be very time consuming. Better to just use the volume control.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

Maybe someone can help me with respect to the background as to why I asked the question:
            I have noticed that many music DVD with the 2ch audio selected have clipped audio. The max signal is often well below 0db but the waveform is easy to see that it is slipped (flat lined).
            Does anyone know why is this the case and is there anything that can be done about it by way of background setting in codecs or filters?

FYI : Right now to get around this clipping issue, I rip selecting only the 5ch audio (which I find is never clipped) and down mix using an editing suite to stereo, involving many steps and taking a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
            X