• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi YoboRippr
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929;
      Here is one I just did.
      It started out slow and the FPS kept slowing down...hope this helps.
      Going to try another program to see if it's a DVDfab issue or not.
      Already checked my ram and hard drive and they seem to be okay...hopefully it's not a hardware issue....like a faulty mobo.

Oh yeah..my computer specs are;

CPU I7-2600k
      Geforce 560 GTX 560 Ti (latest driver)
      Asus P8 Z68-V Pro Mobo
      16 Gig Ram
      1 SSD main drive
      1 1TB SATA Drive
      1 2TB SATA Drive

Hope this helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what's in the log, but I shut DVDFab down when the FPS got down to under 30 FPS...if you need me to do something else, Let me know.

Comment

Hi YoboRippr
          First try turning off GPU and test it again.
          Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Dear CPR929;
            I have already tried that.
            Both ways, I am still having problems.
            I have just ripped a movie to my other hard drives (I have three) to see if there is a problem with my Seagate HDD, but I am having the same issues with the slow rip speeds. The movie copies over great, no problem on either drive, but when I try to rip to any format (avi, mkv) then it slows down.
            I just noticed that there is a newer 8.1.5.9 download...I'm going to see if that helps...
            I'll put it through it's paces and get back to you.
            I'll also try and duplicate the batch crash that I originally complained about and if it happens again, I'll print out the log and post it for you.
            Thanks for the input.

Comment

Nope, 8.1.5.9 hasn't fixed it for me. It almost did.

When I first installed 8.1.5.9, I was able to edit the Conversion Settings for four titles successfully.

The next disc I inserted I put 6 titles in my queue. I was able to edit the Conversion Settings for one title. If I selected the second title, and pressed Conversion Settings, the program crashed. I can sometime get away with doing two titles.

I don't know what's going on, but if I have to do two titles at a time (for each disc of 6) I'm going to be a bit annoyed!

Comment

Oops..CBR929 (sorry was late and I was tired...didn't mean to get your name wrong)

Anyway...weird...I installed the new 8.1.5.9 and it ripped one of my movies perfectly...CUDA activated, smooth as silk, in under 6 minutes...
                Then....everything went to hell!
                I can't batch process and worse, I can't even rip a single movie without my DVDFab crashing.
                I have including the internal logs for the various times that I have tried to batch process as well as to rip a single movie. I have tried it with both the Cuda enabled and with it disabled.
                I don't know what's going on....ever since the last week of updates, I have been having major issues.

I just successfully ripped another movie using the old 8.0.8.5 (not batch, just single) which is a good sign...because for some reason, after installing 8.1.5.8. none of my DVDfabs would work...weird...
                Anyway...here are the logs for the crashes.
                Attached Files

Comment

@ nothin2seehere

Ya, I agree...when I first installed the new 8.1.5.9 I thought it was fixed. It will allow me to build a batch processing file, but when I press start it also crashes...
                  Hope they fix this.

Are you still able to rip single movies with the new 8.1.5.9? I can't even do that. I have to go back to my older DVDFabs....

I hope they fix this. I just paid dollars for the Blu Ray copy/Ripper (lifetime) and if I can't use it, I'm gonna be mighty upset.

Comment

The staff will need to look into this after their New Year celebration is over.
                    For anyone else having problems with Batch processing please remember to post your logs.
                    Thanks
                    CBR929

Comment

I just batch converted two movies, using the iPhone4 1080p profile from DVD folders stored on HDD. Sorry I can no longer duplicate this problem, 8159 fixed it for me. ??
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@YoboRippr

No problem with single movies - doing a BR disc now. Seems a bit slow at 46FPS and 45+ mins remaining, but I don't really pay much attention and it's "fast enough" for me.

Comment

CBR929 & Nothingtosee
                          Okay..weird.
                          So I just decided to reformat my working hard drive and reinstalled DVDFAB 8.1.5.9
                          Now everything seems all hunky dory.
                          Single movies, batch processing, blu ray processing...it's all Good now.
                          I don't know how this would have helped but thought I would give it a go and it worked.
                          Nothingtosee, if possible, see if you can do that. I had to move my entire drive contents to my other drive...but it seems to have worked. I will keep you posted on this if it starts to act up again.
                          But yeah, one thing I noticed as well is that it seems to take a bit longer for the Blu Ray ripper to work...it seems that it's not utilizing the GPU as much as it did when I first tried it (before reinstalling) but oh well, 40 minutes is okay. It was better at 25 minutes, but we'll see, I think it depends on the settings.
                          Just thought others would like to try what I did and see if that works.

Comment

Hi YoboRippr
                            Glad you have something working for you now.
                            If I may ask a question, how often do you clean your system of old and unneeded files, clean the registry, and defrag your drive?

I my self do this weekly, sometimes before defragging I turn off all System Restore "only if my computer is running flawlessly" which is most of the time

Just this week I gained about 15Gb by doing this.
                            Note: This is not meant for just anyone to do this, there can be major consequence's.
                            CBR929

Comment

Yeh I'm able to reinstall Windows, it isn't a problem. Just need to find a spare hour or two.

It's probably about time anyway

Comment

I haven't managed to reinstall Windows yet, but the problem still exists in 8.1.6.0. Crashes as soon as you open the third item in the conversion queue.

Comment

Working...
                                X