Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does fab keep repeating the same output settings when I want to change it??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Why does fab keep repeating the same output settings when I want to change it??

Will this program ever get better?? it just gets worse.

I have ripped my DVD of "As Good As It Gets" and have a reasonable mp4 @ 2.17gb appx 2100kbps, it is only reasonable, there is quite a bit of image noise so I thought I would try upping the bitrate to around 4500kbps hoping to get a file of appx 3.5 - 4 gb, bit it keeps on giving me the exact same output no matter whether I slide the slider with 'bitrate' or 'filesize' checked, I even tried sliding it up to a file size of 5gb and it still gives the resulting output file of exactly 2.17gb.

I tried the latest version but it is crap as usual, giving badly out of sync audio with several DVDs, so I went back to 8.1.2.0 which at least keeps audio in sync.

Any suggestions or should I just uninstall this app and consider my money down the drain??

These problems are probably not related, one is in DVD Copy, the other in DVD Ripper.

@icekool, you can control the bitrate 2 ways in DVD Ripper; 1) use Profile Editor to change the bitrate or bits per pixel setting and re-save it or 2) I think you can still set the bitrate to whatever you want and click the Set as Default button. Changing the bits per pixel setting is more likely to give you a more constant quality of output. Note that the default setting for bits per pixel is 0.15 unless you change it, and the bitrate required for a given level of quality will change with frame size and frame rate you choose (the bits/pixel will keep the quality constant). Post a DVDfab internal log from one of these conversions. There is nothing wrong with the software, just the way you are using it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If there is nothing wrong with the software why is audio sync such a problem for a lot of people and not just me???

Why does one version cause bad audio snyc and then another version have no sync issues at all then??

I'm not even going to try enabling Intel Quick Sync on my SandyBridge due to reading the usual thousands of replies to disable it etc etc etc

And what are you talking about with "bits per pixel" ?, I am referring to the slider that slides with either "output file size" checked or "bitrate" checked, I assume like any other normal user, that this refers to overall/average bitrate in kbps

There are occasionally issues with all software and what I dont want to waste my time with are foolish answers like "There's nothing wrong with the software its you using it" crap, do you get me twat?

Comment

Working...
      X