Suspected memory leak in 8.1.5.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Suspected memory leak in 8.1.5.9

I've been using DVDFab in batch a lot recently to convert my entire media collection to run off my server. So this means I can be running DVDFab day after day, and until recently without needing to reboot.

In the last few days I upgraded from 8.1.3.6 to 8.1.5.9 and since then after a few runs of DVDFab my PC runs really slowly and the memory indicator is running in the upper 90% range (of 4GB ram on Windows 7-64).

I did a quick test as follows -
    Clean reboot, nothing running other than the usual Windows junk - 34% memory
    Start DVDFab - 36%
    Load a DVD Image file - 37%
    Close DVDFab without doing anything - 34%

Start DVDFab again - 36%
    Load a DVD Image file - 37%
    Start a rip, then when finished OK + Complete - 54%
    Close DVDFab - 47%

Typically when I find the system degrades massively is when I have queued up many DVDImages to rip overnight, and find I need to reboot in the morning. This was not the case up until I upgraded to 8.1.5.9.

I tried 8.1.5.9 tonight as well. After some 5 hours with no luck at all, I just shut down my system. Never had this experience before.

Comment

I've also noticed it seems worse when you run multiple rips from DVDFab without exiting. I just ran about 4 disc rips with DVDFab, and my memory usage was showing at 84% even though DVDFab had finished and was sitting idle. When I exited DVDFab it dropped to 47%, so some processes aren't releasing memory, but the exit process appears to manage to free some of it.

This is not particularly helpful behaviour for doing things in bulk.

Comment

Because of heat management issues, I never run more than two consecutive conversions in batch mode, so I have not noticed this. I will send a note to the QA Team in Beijing to try to duplicate it when they return from the Chinese New Year holiday on Monday.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Having watched recent runs more carefully, it seems to be more a case of high memory issues whilst running, and less about not freeing it when you close DVDFab.

I did a run of 6 consecutive disc image rips, ripping approx 4 episodes per disc. When complete, with DVDFab sitting idle, the memory was showing at 84%, but when I closed DVDFab it dropped down to 36%. Then I ran a rip with 2 physical discs in drives consecutively just ripping one movie per disc, this completed at 97% when laying idle, and when I popped one of the discs out and put a new one in DVDFab crashed.

I've yet to spot any rhyme or reason in it yet though... I'll keep watching

Comment

Working...
          X