Bad sync problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Bad sync problems

using v8159 and have real bad audio/video sync problems. First off for some time I've been ripping my dvd to my HTPC as a movie only and keeping the VIDEO_TS structure. This has ben very reliable and if someone in the house that can not stream from the HTPC wants the disk I can easily burn one for them. Now I'm on a trail on DVD ripper to test compressing my collection to .mp4 fomat to save space. I have purchased Blu-ray ripper and the sync problems are not there. If I read one of these VIDEO_TS folders with DVD ripper to compress to .mp4 the audio/video goes out of sync gradualy getting worse as movie progresses. By movie end it's got to 7 seconds off. Not to bring it up but I feel I must and it's important. Another software program I'm trial testing does not do this so I know it's not a movie only thing and I test two movies...both had massive sync problems.

Any idea or solutions to the problems?

Are you attempting to read this file over a network? Which exact profile are you using? What are you using to test play the converted files? Also, your title says BD Ripper has the sync problem, but your post says it's DVD Ripper??

Please post the DVDFab internal log file for one of these conversions.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The Video_TS folder for the movie resides on my desktop machine and not over a network. I had problems doing it across the network before so lately I copy the movie and folder back to my desktop pc to shrink it. If it works fine then I'd swap out the shrunk version and delete the Video_TS version on the network.

Sorry about the sub topic goof. It's DVD Ripper.

Hope the attached is the file you are looking for.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ken62465
        Please post your Internal log.
        Thanks
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I've attached it and not sure if you were ok with that or you wanted the entire contents cut/pasted in here. It's large and I hate scrolling all that stuff myself.

For the heck of it I tried another movie tonight and same problem. Sync problem get worse as movie progresses.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to try another test. I'm going to take the original disk and make the .mp4 from that and then do one of the VIDEO_TS folder movie only version of the movie. I have a hunch the problem is in the movie only conversion to .mp4. If this is the case I'd like to see this fixed if I'm to also puchase the DVD ripper to go along with the Blu-ray ripper I did buy. Problem is I have hundreds of movies already ripped to VIDEO_TS folders and it would make my life much easier not having to dig out all these disks packed in storage bins and hidden from kids :-)

Any idea on this? As it is right now it's not useable.

Comment

We're trying to reproduce your issue. If it is a bug, we'll fix it asap. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Ken
                Thanks for the log file, the one we needed was the second one, the internal. In the future you can find the log session that relates to the problem you are posting about by opening the log file with Notepad and just copy/paste the relevant log data into a post. The most recent entry will be at the end of the file.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am experiencing the same kind of thing myself. I did three steps on one recent copy and rip. I took the DVD, copied the full disk, then copied the main movie only, then ripped it for an iPad. The full disk was ripped from the disk, then the main movie and M4V were created using the full disk copy on my hard drive. Playing the full disk or the main movie, both come out just fine. Playing the M4V file on the iPad, or on my PC, the sync is progressively worse as it goes on, by the end of the movie it is way off.

My attached log file is cut out of the full log. I only did that work on 1/29, so I took that whole day out of the logs.

I went back and looked at all of the other iPad and iPhone files I have done and all of them have that same sync creeping. All were done on 8.1.5.9, since I just recently started ripping to those video formats.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well I just installed the latest 8.1.6.0 and tried to test ripping the .mp4 file from an actual disk just to test if this problem only seems to happen when trying to create the .mp4 from a movie only previous rip. Well twice in a row it gets about 25-30% and it BSOD's on me with a stop 124 error. I know I'm going to hear hardware failure but I say BS. This computer is pretty new running Windows 7 x64 and I work from this computer all day using a pretty taxing 3D cad rendering program and I've not had a single BSOD since building it 8 months ago. I'm willing to run memtest on it over night and a few other stress tests but I'll bank this is not a true hardware problem.

Comment

I just removed 8.1.5.9 and reinstalled 8.1.3.2 (the last version I had before 8.1.5.x), ripped a new iPad M4V file and the sync is right on for the entire file. Attached is the last part of the internal.log file.

I am going to create a queue and run it tonight to convert the other iPad and iPhone M4V files previously created to see if I get the same good results.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Any word on duplicating the problem I'm having?

Comment

I have done 3 or 4 conversions using BD Ripper in 8159/8160 with no problems or sync issues. I was using a BDMV folder on an external drive as the source and the iPhone4 1080 profile, but with a reduced frame size (1280x720 and 720xXXX). I have not talked witht he QA Team in the past day, so I'm not sure what they are working on right now or what they have found.

Comment

My problem comes with DVD ripper and VIDEO_TS folders and not BD ripper.

Also any thoughts on what other software could conflict? I have Roxio Creator 11 and AnyDVD as possibles in my mind. I do get an erro if I forget to exit AnyDVD prior to launching DVDFab but I've not done a rip with it active so it should not be a problem. I think I even did a test with exit all running instances of Roxio watch, etc. There might be some service to check out also.

Comment

Software conflicts with the products you mentioned are more often a problem with optical drives, and as long as you exit them completely should not be a problem. If they were blocking access to the optical drive you would not be able to have made the rip to a VIDEO_TS folder in the first place. I am not as familiar with Roxio Creator, but the same would apply. I will send a note to my friend Potti on the DVDFab QA Team to see if this can be duplicated there.

Comment

Working...
                              X