Cuda DVD ripper ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Cuda DVD ripper ps3

I am having an issue with dvdfab and cuda, dont know if it is normal but i am using the dvdripper into ps3 profile and i these options:

video decoder: all with cuda
    encoder: software + cuda

1 thing i noticed is if i select encoding method 1 pass it works fast and i see the gpu usage around 90% and fps goes 200. If i put the encoding method to 2 pass, it starts with around 50 fps and just goes down from there and the gpu have no usage whatsoever.

Is this normal or is there a bug which doesnt activate cuda on the 1st pass of the 2 passes?

Thanks in advance

2-pass doesn't work for many users for whatever reason. I would suggest to use 1-pass, you won't see difference. DVDFab have very good settings for 1-pass encoding - you should be very much satisfied with results...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I agree about 1-pass, it looks very good. No GPU with the 1 of 2 pass may be normal, as that pass is gathering data.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My understanding is the DVDFab CUDA encoder does not support 2pass. When you switch to 2pass it switches to straight CPU/software encoding. I do not believe this is a fault of DVDFab as I have yet to see a 2pass CUDA encoder from any developer.

Comment

I asked the staff in Beijing and was told that CUDA works on both passes if selected. ??
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

actually i have been researching about this topic and saw the some other user said it was disabled by the programmer, anyways it doesnt work for me, like i said if i put 2 pass its starts at 50 fps and just goes down south from there

Comment

Working...
            X