No announcement yet.

The infamous audio sync problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper The infamous audio sync problem...

I've read a lot of posts about this infamous audio sync problem that has plagued us all at some point. I too have spent countless hours trying different settings, bitrates, etc.

But now I'm starting to think that DVD Fab is not the problem... I think the problem is player related.

Example: I have copied the DVD - Legends of the Fall to my hard drive (main movie copy). Then I rip an .M4V file for my iphone4 & iPad. I use the iphone4 h264 profile. Version 8.1.6.3.

When I play the finished .M4V file with Quicktime - It exhibits the audio sync issue.

However, when I play the same .M4V file with Windows Media Player it does NOT have the audio sync problem. It never occured to me to try Windows Media Player before with .M4V's because I thought it only worked non-apple formats.

I also copied the .m4v file to my iPad native video player and again see the audio sync problem.

I also copied the same file into another video app - Goodplayer for iPad and the audio sync problem is NOT there.

Any thoughts or confirmations on this appreciated.

I have had a similar experience. Used BR Copy to do a movie only rip of One Day in the usual way. Rips to a single m2ts file which when burned using Write Data is out of sync by a fraction of a second but noticeable and annoying. Checked the file on my hard drive and playback using PowerDvd9 is also out of sync BUT playback of the same file using Windows Media Player is perfectly in sync!! Confused am I...

Comment

I have the same issue now on 2 different machines since I upgraded to the lasest version. For giggles I tried movies that I know work properly on the previous version

Tomorrow Never Dies
      Transofrmers 3: Same issue
      In Time:
      Termiator
      Universal Soldier - Regenration

One machine is a Core 2 Duo and the other is a i5 520M laptop the i5 produces the exact same results as the desktop, both are Windows 7 x64 with Ati video cards.

Are you guys going to fix this any time soon? it seems like this error comes and goes depending upon release

forgot to add I am using the generic MP4 option with 2000kbps bit rate and 128kbps audio in stereo format.

Comment

I have no sync problems with v8.1.6.3 in DVD or BD Ripper. I have done about a dozen conversions, but none are the titles you mentioned. Which type of audio are you using (AAC, MP3, audiocopy etc.)?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

what ever is the default track on the DVD so it varies

Comment

Working...
          X