New version is mission High Frame Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper New version is mission High Frame Resolution

Before I update DVDFab yesterday I had the option to encode videos with a frame resolution of ~1920x1080. It made large files but crisp and clear videos. Any idea how I get it back?

From DVD or Blu-ray? The original frame size of a DVD is only 720x480 (or x576 for PAL). The iPhone4 1080p profile has a huge list of available sizes, up to and including 1920x1080.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      From DVD or Blu-ray? The original frame size of a DVD is only 720x480 (or x576 for PAL). The iPhone4 1080p profile has a huge list of available sizes, up to and including 1920x1080.
      I have been using DVD with the generic option.
      I'll try to use the iPhone but right now I can't even get it to encode!
      I've been using 'generic.avi(2gb-).h26.audiocodex', 2 passes, and 30 fps. It was working last version but now it just sits, all night, with no progress.

Also, I looked at the iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV and the best resolution was ~720x542.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2012, 04:52 PM. Reason: merge 2 posts

Comment

I just noticed the same thing with 8.1.6.3. Before I also used to select 1920x1080 when converting some DVDs to MP4 because it looks much better on a big screen TV (60 inch) then 720 does. I'm converting for PS3. Why did you remove this option? You've took capability out of your product, how can that be a good thing? Can we get it back in the next update, please?

Comment

...so no reply on this from DVDFab admin?

Comment

Working...
          X