Direct rendering subpicture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Direct rendering subpicture

I am trying to convert from BD to mkv and would like to have only the one file without seperate subpicture files (with only forced subpictures). I know there is the option to direct render the subpicture if only one subpicture is checked, but how do I know which one to check for foreign language scenes if there are multiple english subpicture selections?

BigDan

This exact same question has been asked a thousand times; the problem is there are almost as many ways that a subtitle can be made to appear in a Blu-ray or DVD.

You can use the Preview window to test the individual streams and see what is in them. In most cases you will find that the forced subs are part of the main stream. If they are, you are set, just select that one stream and make sure the selector on the Edit page says "Direct render to video" and that the "Display only forced subs" box is checked.

You may find on some discs that the forced subs are in a stream of their own.

For DVDs, you can use a free tool called DVDSubEdit to open a decrypted VIDEO_TS folder you have made on your hard drive. It has a box you can check so that it displays only the forced subs, and you can use the stream selector to see which one they are in.

Hopefully someday DVDFab will have better internal tools for dealing with this problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X