Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Twilight - Breaking Dawn Pt 1 problem

Hiya

Just trying to rip Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1. The box says the film is 113 mins long. Within DVDFab (8.1.6.3) the movie is reported as over 3 hours long, but when I rip it, the resulting movie is only 66 mins.

I've used the Generic, iPad and PS3 profiles and all give the same results.

Can anyone confirm the same findings? This is a brand new installation of DVDFab on a new Win7 x64 system.

Ta

Just checked my iPad file and it's 117 mins. I can't remember what version was current then? Are you using 8.1.6.6? I'll try it again to see if the result is different. Back in a few.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope, 8.1.6.3 was the latest official release. I guess 8.1.6.6 is a beta? I'll grab it now and check..

Comment

I just finished it for the iPad with 8.1.6.6 and it is still 117 mins.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I just tried with 8.1.6.6 and got 66 mins again I must be doing something seriously wrong. The film only comes out in the UK tomorrow (but I got my DVD a few days ago). Could they be using a different encryption mechanism?

Comment

Try using DVD Copy and ripping it to the HDD uncompressed and using the folder on the HDD as the source in DVD Ripper.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Check the size of the title DVDFab is selecting in Customize or Main Movie mode of DVD Copy, see if it looks large enough, and make sure PathPlayer is in Always Enable mode. If none of that works, post the DVDFab internal log session for this title and send the info files to the developers using the button in Common Settings.
              Originally posted by nothin2seehere View Post
              I just tried with 8.1.6.6 and got 66 mins again I must be doing something seriously wrong. The film only comes out in the UK tomorrow (but I got my DVD a few days ago). Could they be using a different encryption mechanism?
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                Try using DVD Copy and ripping it to the HDD uncompressed and using the folder on the HDD as the source in DVD Ripper.
                Tried that (admittedly before I upgraded to 8.1.6.6). Opened the resulting files in VLC media player and saw I had three 20 minute VOBs and one much smaller one, which I presumed to be the remaining six minutes.

Comment

Log file is attached, I will also send it to the devs from inside the program, thanks all
                  Attached Files

Comment

This problem still exists in the latest version (8.1.6.7).

Comment

Can you post the logs of the rip to the HDD?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Certainly - both logs attached.
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK, so I took the DVD copy on my hard disk and encoded it with different software. The move ended up at 2hr 53 minutes. But, every 1hr 06mins, the movie restarted i.e. the intro sequence played again.

This is definitely a problem with DVDFab.

As yet the developers haven't responded to my submission of the logs - not sure if they're supposed to.

Comment

There is a new official version released yesterday, 8.1.6.8. There is no mention of any change regarding this particular DVD in the list of changes, though.

Comment

nothing2see

The developers will generally try to duplicate your problem and correct it if it is a fault within DVDFab. They may not respond in the thread unless they need more information from you. The internal log you posted seems to be incomplete, with entries missing from the beginning and the end. Does the movie play correctly without looping back if you play the VIDEO_TS folder from your hard drive? Are you using the free or registered version of DVDFab? Protection removal updates are slower to appear in the free version.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X