PS Vita Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) PS Vita Profile

Anyone can show me how to set the bitrate higher on PS Vita Profile?

I have asked in another post before, I manually edited the profile and I was told to set using the profile editor. I did both but the result is still not able to achieve over 1300kbps.

Thank you very much

I just used the existing profile and was able to set the bit rate, what am I missing? See attached:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Will uninstall and reinstall everything and try again tonight.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        I just used the existing profile and was able to set the bit rate, what am I missing? See attached:
        Sorry, seems I am not so lucky.
        I had reinstalled my Windows 7 from scratch and reinstall DVDFab

Tried to use the profile editor to increase the bit/pixel to 0.5 but the result is the same

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
        Attached Files

Comment

The bit/pixel is the product of the encoding bit rate. Increase the fixed bit rate (in the box to the left) until the bit/pixel is the value you want.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I did.

This is how I tried to set using the profile editor

My goal is 1280x720 @ around 1792kps. It should be around 0.5
            I tried to set it up and somehow DVDFab does not recognize it
            DVDFab saw 2 PSVita Profile, I tried both and it is the same.
            Attached Files

Comment

Why are you using the profile editor? Just use the included profile in the Ripper and edit that by pressing the edit button. You don't need the profile editor.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Do you mean the Conversion Settings (the photo I attached before)?

Under Video Format: h264, the (MAX) Fixed Bitrate is somehow set to 768kpbs and won't let me set it any higher?!

From here, I was told to try to use the Profile Editor to change the bits/pixel but failed. I even manually change the xml file before I reinstall windows but never get what I was hoping for.

Comment

I'll try one more time. The advice was given you before they included A PS VITA profile in Blu-Ray Ripper. You do not need Profile Editor. Just open the Ripper and select the profile from the drop down list, I think it is under "more" Select your movie to convert and click the edit button down at the bottom of the screen. In the fixed bit rate box you can increase it until you get the bit/pixel you want.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Profiles are often limited to the highest bitrate that a device will support. What is the max bitrate for the Vita? Also, 0.5 b/p will be a very high bitrate, probably 7-8000 kbps at 1280xXXX, 24 fps and is more than you need unless you are viewing on a very large screen.

//EDIT//
                    The profile limits the bitrate in the case of the PS Vita:

<bitrate value="640" min="1" max="768"/>

It is set this way to correspond to the available frame sizes offered in the profile, none of which would require the high bitrate you are requesting. You can manually edit the profile with Notepad to change the max setting, but it shouldn't be necessary and the device may reject the file.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It doesn't seem to work that way in DVD Ripper?
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't explain that. The profiles are different and may have been made by different people. I looked at the one for BD Ripper using Notepad.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi 90312, my DVDFab is a fresh install on a fresh install Windows 7.
                          I tried what you told but it is not working for me. I can't add anything over 768

Hi Signals, I don't know the max bitrate for Vita. But for most movies and concerts blu rays, I usually use DVDFab to rip it to MKV and use handbrake to convert to AppleTV2 format at 720 lines. The converted files works nicely on iPhone, iPad and PSVita and it even has chapters support which is very good for concerts.

One of the downside is it took double the time and I can't have the .sub .idx (graphical format subtitle) on handbrake. So for my Japanese Anime, I wish to do the ripping and convert in 1 step.

If I use the iPhone or Ipad profile on DVD Fab to convert, as I mentioned in my other post, some movies has Format Profile: Main@L3.1 and some has Main@L4.1 which PSVita won't let me play it.

I don't know why the Format Profile were different even if the setting were exactly the same and I have no control over this.

Reason why I keep it as 1280x720 @1792kps, cause I tried to hook it up with my iPad/iPhone on a 40" TV, any bitrate lower may see a lot of blocky colors and the resulting file size is close to the official digital copies come with most blu rays in the past year or so. (older DC is smaller but resolution is worse). Files at 1792kps for 720 is a nice file size to keep on laptop while on trip.

Comment

Zori

I am not sure why either. Have you tried the iPhone4 1080 profile? The Vita profile in DVDFab is based on an ipod profile. I have manually modified the Blu-ray Ripper profile for the PS Vita and attached it. This one will alllow very high bitrates and b/p readings. On a test I made, 5000 kbps produced around 0.3 b/p, with a 1280xXXX frame size @ 24fps. These files will be very large but they look like a Blu-ray and converted at about 100 fps on my laptop. To try it, close DVDFab and use windows to navigate to \Program Files(x86)\DVDFab8Qt\Profiles3 and delete the bd.PS.Vita profile you find there and copy this one to the same folder. If it does not work, just re-install DVDFab's latest version and it will replace it with the original PS Vita profile.

//EDIT///
                            The max bitrate in this one is 10000kbps.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I will try this after I got home.

Comment

Working...
                              X