No announcement yet.

pressing "start" button does nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper pressing "start" button does nothing...

Hello!
    I just purchased DVD Ripper to be able to rip a set of DVD's I have on parenting. However, when I insert any of these DVD's, DVD Ripper reads it fine in the source, but does not produce a list of titles. Then when I hit the start button, nothing happens.

The program seems to work fine for DVD movies, but not for this series on parenting (which is the reason why I bought the software).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Davide

This is probably because the parenting disks are not standard structure for a DVD movie. You may be able to "Clone" them with DVD Copy.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Try turning off PathPlayer in DVDFab Settings. Discs like this are often authored poorly and can be rejected by DVDFab as having no playable content.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, thank you for the replies. I tried disabling PathPlayer, but nothing has changed.

Also, I would prefer not to have to burn a copy in order to rip the DVD. That work-around might be fine for free software. But for $60, I assumed this software would work with any DVD I throw at it.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Hi rising_suns
          I understand your comments, but it is not the fault of DVD Fab for the way that these disc's are authored.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

There is a 30 day free full function trial period of all DVDFab software.
            I assume you made your purchase without taking advantage of the free trial.

DVD compliant movies are not a problem.
            Non-DVD compliant disk are often impossible for Fab to read and copy.

As mentioned by 90312 Clone mode is your best bet for Fab to be able to make a copy.

Comment

You might try ripping to an iso image with ImgBurn and playing it with VLC media player if you want to watch from the computer. You might need Passkey if there is protection on the disk?
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Hmmm, thank you for the suggestions. I do appreciate the quick responses. I did not realize that the software could not rip certain DVD's, otherwise I would have tested it first on a trial version. I do appreciate your help in this however.

It seems I have to go with a different software. I just tried downloading a trial of "xxxxx xxx xxxxxx", and "xxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx", and both of them are able to rip these DVD's with no issues. Just thought you might like to know, in case your dev team wants to pursue an update to make DVDFab more compatible with certain DVD's.

In any case, I appreciate the help nonetheless. How should I go about requesting a refund?

-Davide
                Last edited by 90312; 04-10-2012, 08:23 PM. Reason: please do not include the names of competitor's software on the DVDFab forum.

Comment

Working...
                X