Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encoding Fps starts fine and continues to drop to 0%

Hello,

Trying to convert a MKV to generic MP4 with MP3 audio.
    When I start the conversion, the Encoding Fps starts high and then continually drops until it gets to 0% which makes the time left keep climbing. Once the Encoding Fps gets to 0%, that line in the UI disappears and the conversion seems to hang with the time left at 00:00:00

I have uninstalled DVDfab 8.1.6.8, run CCleaner until there were not more registry errors and then reinstalled DVDfab (as per other postings).

This did not help. The DVDfab logs are attached.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Attached Files

Hi mlucas
    Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have exactly the same problem - most don't work at all - those that do, start well, then drop to 0.

There is an issue with .mp4 and iphone conversion.

See: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17103

Comment

I have been having this problem for months now. and still haven't found a solution the only think i can convert is mkv to ipad profile. when i try and convert avi it gives me the same problem i have contacted tech support and they weren't any help they provided me an old version(7.0.9.3) which has less features and profiles and still doesn't work.
        Originally posted by mlucas View Post
        Hello,

Trying to convert a MKV to generic MP4 with MP3 audio.
        When I start the conversion, the Encoding Fps starts high and then continually drops until it gets to 0% which makes the time left keep climbing. Once the Encoding Fps gets to 0%, that line in the UI disappears and the conversion seems to hang with the time left at 00:00:00

I have uninstalled DVDfab 8.1.6.8, run CCleaner until there were not more registry errors and then reinstalled DVDfab (as per other postings).

This did not help. The DVDfab logs are attached.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

Same thing here

I have the same problem with their latest build (8.1.8.6 Beta), I am running the trial version before I buy... not good so far as there is little to no tech support.

Anyway, I will probably try to find another video converter.

Comment

I have the exact same problem

I have done what CBR929 suggests, but it doesn't make any difference. Never works. Haven't been able to use DVDFab to convert video files for many months (I re-try after every DVDFab update). I am able to rip DVDs without any problems (which to my layman's mind should be more difficult to do that converting video files, but I really have no idea). I, however, have had no problems using an alternative video converting program for the same thing. I've paid a lot of money for the lifetime registration for DVDFab, though, and I'm very disappointed this issue hasn't been resolved in all that time.

Comment

When the fps rate starts dropping, the conversion has crashed. You can monitor this using the process preview window (middle tab). The image will freeze when it crashes in most cases. One common cause of this (in DVD Ripper) is related to the authoring of the DVD, for which the older versions (8.0.7.3 and 8.0.8.5) provide a workaround--this is why you were offered their use as a possible solution. This is probably also related to the source content in some way, but it is impossible for the developers to test the exact files you are using. Post internal logs and MediaInfo scans of the source files when one fails to convert.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Logs and MediaInfo Scans

signals: attached are what you requested, I think. If it's not, let me know and I'll try again. It include the internal log (I included the whole thing which looks like it started when I first installed DVDFab v6). I tried to convert 3 separate files (TS, MKV, and AVI), and dropped to zero fps each time. I've also included relevant MediaInfo scans and screenshots from each. Had to split the reply into two posts due to limits on number of attachments.
                Attached Files

Comment

Logs and MediaInfo Scans Part 2

Here are the rest.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That will be very helpful, that is the needed info. The internal log file is just a text file, you can open it with Notepad and copy the log session about the problem, then paste it into a post or a new text file that you can attach. I will refer all this to the QA Team in Beijing.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X