Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forced Subtitles for iPad Profiles (Avatar & Star Wars Blu-Rays)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Forced Subtitles for iPad Profiles (Avatar & Star Wars Blu-Rays)

Hi - Can anyone tell me what the settings are so as to "FORCE" the subtitles when there is 'Alien' languages being spoken in these films.

I have tried various settings (Including the ones suggested on the forum) with no success.

Also - The subtitles will "NOT FORCE" on the AVI profiles either.

Hope someone can assist?

Hans

I had a similar problem with X-Men first class. I don't want subtitles on when the film is in English, but this film has a lot of scenes in other languages, which when you watch the DVD, you get subtitles, but when ripped, you get nothing.

I'm guessing there is something in the movie that turns on subtitles for these portions even if subtitles are generally turned off on the DVD player. It would appear DVDFab isn't emulating this.

Comment

Hi, hans302

I've tried to convert Avatar to iPad used the latest build 8178, and play the file by VLC, the FORCE SUBTITLE is shown fine.
      The Avatar Force subtitle is in the Subtitle files, you need to select one subtitle in subtitle list if you want the FORCE SUBTITLE.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, steamhead

If you want the FORCE SUBTITLE only, please check "Display forced subtitle only" option for subtitle.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

The key here is that you must: 1) select the sub stream that actually contains the forced subtitles 2) select only ONE stream 3)put a check in the "Display only forced..." selection box, just below the sub stream window with the list and 4) select Direct Render to Video on the Edit page.

An easy way to test is to make a copy of only a single chapter from the movie that displays the translations when you watch the original disc. Then make test conversions of that chapter selecting a different sub stream each time until you find the one that works.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions, but none of them work - To clarify I am trying to get the FORCED subtitles for when "The Navi" speak to render to the iPad profile, when converting "Avatar Blu-Ray (Extended Cut)" (Film lenght is 2:58:09) - Please see the attached LINK for the settings I am using. I have also tried all of the subpicture streams including Spanish etc, none of them render the FORCED subtitles. I have also tried all of the Audio Streams, again, none of them render the FORCED subtitles.

I have also tried to see if they display in the viewer window when playing the disk, using all of the settings detailed above. None of them display the FORCED subtitles in the DVDfab viewer window (nor at Full Screen)

Am I missing something fundermental here? - I have checked my DVDfab settings and nothing jumps out at me as a problem.

Please help a frustrated user !!

Here's the LINK - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4692322/Image1.jpg

Regards
            Hans

Comment

Working...
            X