profile index for blu ray to mkv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper profile index for blu ray to mkv

Here i go again...sure wish there was some kind of index or tutorial that explains what profile for each container is best used for? Blu Ray to Mkv
    I still don't know or understand what:
    mkv.default is for? What is the end result?
    Mkv.remux is for? What is the end result?
    mkv264audiocopy is for? (though I use this quite often and am very happy with the results.)
    There are 10 or more profiles to use with this container.
    There should be some kind of instructions as to what profile is best suited for each program so dummies like me can figure out what option works best for what we want to rip. An in depth descriptive index is all i'm asking for? Or instruction manual that explains these profiles with a pros or cons type of message?

Originally posted by unclebubbies View Post
    Here i go again...sure wish there was some kind of index or tutorial that explains what profile for each container is best used for? Blu Ray to Mkv
    I still don't know or understand what:
    mkv.default is for? What is the end result?
    Mkv.remux is for? What is the end result?
    mkv264audiocopy is for? (though I use this quite often and am very happy with the results.)
    There are 10 or more profiles to use with this container.
    There should be some kind of instructions as to what profile is best suited for each program so dummies like me can figure out what option works best for what we want to rip. An in depth descriptive index is all i'm asking for? Or instruction manual that explains these profiles with a pros or cons type of message?

Did you look at the tips and tutorials here ?

http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-ripper.htm

Comment

Yes I have read this over and over. Here's the only ? with and explanation of a certain profile using Blu Ray to Mkv:

Can I convert a mkv file without compression?

Yes, you can. DVDFab offers MKV container from no compression at all - "mkv.remux" profile to a customized compression with h264 coding - "mkv.h264.audiocopy" profile. If you use "mkv.remux" profile, there would be no compression involved and the output file would be with original aspect ratio, original bitrate, etc.

That's great! How about and explanation on the other 10 profiles to help us users decide what's best for what we want to do? That's all I'm asking!
      What is mkv.default? What is the pros and cons of using it? Plus all the other profiles. How about a description for each? I mean whats the sense of having so many options if the "user" doesn't know what they do or don't do?

Comment

What about a variable bit-rate mkv recompression? Just asking ...

Comment

If this is a feature request, put it in that forum.
          Originally posted by Locutus2k View Post
          What about a variable bit-rate mkv recompression? Just asking ...
          Originally posted by unclebubbies
          That's great! How about and explanation on the other 10 profiles to help us users decide what's best for what we want to do? That's all I'm asking!
          What is mkv.default? What is the pros and cons of using it? Plus all the other profiles. How about a description for each? I mean whats the sense of having so many options if the "user" doesn't know what they do or don't do?
          The reason for so many options is to have a profile available that produces optimum results for whatever playback device and requirements you have. If you don't know, use "generic". The generic profiles are designed to produce acceptable results on any device that will play it. If it's not good enough, you need to know enough about your playback goals to change the settings, use one of the device-specific profiles, or use Profile Editor to get exactly what you want.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X