This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio Sync Issue for Emperor's New Groove

I've tried numerous times to rip my DVD of the Emperor's New Groove and every time I do the audio will gradually go out of sync as the movie plays. I've ripped direct from the DVD and from the VIDEO_TS folder on my harddrive. The actual VIDEO_TS folder I have on my hard drive plays the movie perfectly fine, as does the DVD. I've tried four or five different profiles, from generic MKV to a custom AVI profile I use for all my other movies without issue. Nothing has worked.

Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing the ripping process for this movie? If not, what's the simplest and easiest way to fix the audio sync issue in the resulting AVI or MKV file?

BTW, I'm using DVDFab 8.1.7.8
    ------------------------------------
    Just another moron with a keyboard.

Please post your log file!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Here are my log files, as requested. I've tried converting a few more times now and every conversion seems to have the same audio-sync issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The profile is created by yourself, please try the AVI or MKV profile in DVDFab itself.

Please tell us the result!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Here's the log from my most recent attempt using a standard DVDFab MKV profile. It had the same audio-sync issues.

DVDFab 8.1.7.8 (2012/05/09 17:58:05)

0m 02.47s: GPUAccelerate: 864319
          0m 02.47s: CUDA cap: 1
          0m 02.47s: Support coreavc decode: 0
          0m 02.47s: Graphics info: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 : 4.10 : 2.1
          0m 02.47s: Qt Translator file load success
          0m 02.51s: Load config successful.
          0m 02.58s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
          0m 04.23s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
          0m 04.23s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 0
          0m 04.23s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
          0m 04.41s: Config ExBar successful.
          0m 04.41s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
          0m 04.52s: dvd2mobile have 29 elements.
          0m 05.17s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
          0m 05.19s: blu-ray2mobile have 18 elements.
          0m 05.59s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
          0m 05.72s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
          0m 05.75s: file2mobile have 28 elements.
          0m 06.37s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
          0m 06.39s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
          0m 06.66s: Config work ui controls successful.
          0m 06.74s: Init burn engine successful.
          0m 06.85s: StartNotify successful.
          0m 16.08s: pathplayer enabled
          0m 27.04s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 27.04s: info: create config(0)
          0m 27.04s: info: convert profile(DVDFab.HDvideoMp3.mkv.h264.aac)
          0m 27.04s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(1),chapter(1->29),3D(0)
          0m 27.04s: info: streams((480.2)(128.2))
          0m 27.10s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
          0m 27.14s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
          0m 27.14s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(30) bitrate(3300)
          0m 41.26s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

The profile is created by yourself, please try the AVI or MKV profile in DVDFab itself.

Please tell us the result!

Wilson

Comment

Hi GeekMan
            According to your logs you have Cuda turned on.
            Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Hi GeekMan
              According to your logs you have Cuda turned on.
              Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
              CBR929
              OK, turned off Cuda and did another rip. No change in the resulting file, it has the same audio-sync issue.

Comment

If you have not already, try the iPhone 1080 profile, set for 720x400. This makes h264+AAC MP4 output and has done a good job for me on problem sync titles, such as Adventures of Tintin.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  If you have not already, try the iPhone 1080 profile, set for 720x400. This makes h264+AAC MP4 output and has done a good job for me on problem sync titles, such as Adventures of Tintin.
                  Please correct me if my assumption is incorrect, but I don't think the iPhone rip will have the quality I'm looking for in my home theater, which has a 106" screen. The file also needs to be playable through an XBox 360. So, even if the conversion works without the audio-sync issue I wouldn't be able to use the resulting file in my system.

Comment

It will look at least as good as the original DVD, which is 720x480 (or x576 for PAL land). I thought the Xbox would play MP4s, but I don't have one.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      It will look at least as good as the original DVD, which is 720x480 (or x576 for PAL land). I thought the Xbox would play MP4s, but I don't have one.
                      I've gone ahead and ripped the movie using your suggested DVDFab profile, to no avail. The same gradual, audio-sync issue as every other profile I've tried. This is very frustrating since this is the ONLY movie that has this problem out of over 300 movies that I've ripped so far this year.

Once again, below is the last log entry.

0m 05.07s: info: create config(0)
                      0m 05.07s: info: convert profile(iPhone4.h264.1080p)
                      0m 05.07s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(1),chapter(1->29),3D(0)
                      0m 05.07s: info: streams((480.2)(128.2))
                      0m 05.10s: info: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
                      0m 05.12s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
                      0m 06.17s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(41) bitrate(4398)
                      0m 42.80s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

DVDFab 8.1.7.8 (2012/05/10 23:48:51)

0m 02.43s: GPUAccelerate: 864319
                      0m 02.43s: CUDA cap: 1
                      0m 02.43s: Support coreavc decode: 0
                      0m 02.43s: Graphics info: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 : 4.10 : 2.1
                      0m 02.43s: Qt Translator file load success
                      0m 02.47s: Load config successful.
                      0m 02.52s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
                      0m 04.05s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
                      0m 04.05s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 0
                      0m 04.06s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
                      0m 04.22s: Config ExBar successful.
                      0m 04.22s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
                      0m 04.33s: dvd2mobile have 29 elements.
                      0m 04.93s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
                      0m 04.95s: blu-ray2mobile have 18 elements.
                      0m 05.31s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
                      0m 05.43s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
                      0m 05.46s: file2mobile have 28 elements.
                      0m 06.04s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
                      0m 06.05s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
                      0m 06.31s: Config work ui controls successful.
                      0m 06.39s: Init burn engine successful.
                      0m 06.50s: StartNotify successful.
                      0m 15.34s: pathplayer enabled
                      0m 16.63s:

0m 16.63s: info: create config(0)
                      0m 16.63s: info: convert profile(iPhone4.h264.1080p)
                      0m 16.63s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(1),chapter(1->29),3D(0)
                      0m 16.63s: info: streams((480.2)(128.2))
                      0m 16.66s: info: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
                      0m 16.68s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
                      0m 17.97s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(41) bitrate(3315)
                      0m 06.78s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Comment

Sorry it did not help. Have you tried an older version of DVDFab, such as 8073 or 8085?

Comment

Hi GeekMan
                          Have you tried an older version like signals suggested?
                          You can find it here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php

8073 is my favorite
                          You can also try ripping it to your HDD first using DVD Copy, then converting from there to see if you still have the A/V sync problem.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            Hi GeekMan
                            Have you tried an older version like signals suggested?
                            You can find it here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php

8073 is my favorite
                            You can also try ripping it to your HDD first using DVD Copy, then converting from there to see if you still have the A/V sync problem.
                            CBR929
                            I have already used DVDFab to rip all my DVDs to a NAS, and it is from the NAS that I am trying to rip the XBox-compatible file. Instead of trying an older version of DVDFab I installed Handbrake and used it for just this DVD rip. Handbrake seems to have ripped the file with no issues whatsoever, so my thinking is this is a specific issue between DVDFab and The Emperor's New Groove. And, even though it would be more for my intellectual curiosity at this point, I'd still love to know why this particular DVD doesn't rip correctly when using DVDFab even though it DOES work in other programs (like Handbrake).

On a semi-related issue; my copy of Tremors seems to cause DVDFab to crash or get "stuck" trying to read the files. The full-backup on the NAS runs perfectly fine as a DVD, but I can't seem to even begin to create a rip of it. I'm planning on using Handbrake for that particular DVD, but if anyone else wants to take a stab at helping me fix this new issue, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Use one of the older versions to do the conversion. There is a problem with the timestamps on some older DVDs that causes freezing during conversion, but the old versions (8073, 8085) can cope with it. To fix the newer versions would cause problems with newer content. Since you have chosen to use other software instead of DVDFab, I will close this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X