No announcement yet.

I have no idea what i am doing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper I have no idea what i am doing.

Hello all
    i purchased DVD copy just to find out i need DVD ripper so i am using the free month ripper to test. i am trying to copy movies mostly my 3 year olds shows on to a ASUS Transformer prime. i have tried Xbox 360, android and the MP4 options and they all work but i am having a few problems and i have a few questions. The problem is when i slide the bar to fast forward in the movie it gets very pix-elated for about 30 sec b4 it clears up every time i move the bar. i would like to stop that from happening. what do i do?

now for the questions.

what i want to do is copy all my movies and eventually be able to watch them anywhere i want from the TV,PC, phone or tablet and i am only looking for the movie no extras. i would like the highest quality so it is a good picture on all of those options but in the smallest package. what is the best format and quality and all of that. like i said i don't know what i am doing but with DVD ripper i don't see any options to change that stuff.any and all help is appreciated. thanks in advance

Video breakup when FF/REW is often due to insufficient read speed or processing power in the player. If you store the converted files on a SDHC card in the player, it should be Class 6 or higher to minimize video breakup (I use Class 10). Test your conversions on your PC with a file from your hard drive using VLC or DVDFab Media Player. The iPhone MP4 profiles all FF/REW smoothly for me on iPhone or iPad and also on the DVDFab HD Media Player if the bitrate is kept below 3000 kbps.

A file optimized for TV playback will be much larger than necessary to look good on a devie with a smaller screen. There is probably not a single set of encoding choices that will produce the best results on all devices. To access the settings, press the button marked "Edit" in the lower right. It will bring up the page shown in the attached screen capture.

For best results, use a profile with h264 encoding and experiment with the different file formats (AVI, MP4, MKV etc.) and other settings to see which one works best with your player.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X