Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello a couple of newbie ?s before possible purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Hello a couple of newbie ?s before possible purchase.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see any threads about it.

I am looking at purchasing the blu-ray ripper, downloaded the trial and played with it a bit.

A couple of questions. I am using the PS3 option, since that will be primary mode of watching the rips.

1. Am I correct to assume that once the blu ray is ripped it loses the chapter information, so the pop-up menu won't work?

2. Is there a way to have the subtitles checked for inclusion and still be able to toggle them on/off? I had them checked and they came on by default.

3. Am I also correct, I would need to purchase the dvd ripper to reproduce this process with my dvd tv box sets.

4. As a side note, is there a recommended router to use to share out the media in combination with a usb hard drive. I would love to get one with the ability to attach multiple drives. Streaming to PC, PS3, and Ipad2 is needed. The goal is to take my shelf of media and condense down to a couple of hard drives.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Originally posted by ScottishPunk View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see any threads about it.

I am looking at purchasing the blu-ray ripper, downloaded the trial and played with it a bit.

A couple of questions. I am using the PS3 option, since that will be primary mode of watching the rips.

1. Am I correct to assume that once the blu ray is ripped it loses the chapter information, so the pop-up menu won't work?
    Correct

2. Is there a way to have the subtitles checked for inclusion and still be able to toggle them on/off? I had them checked and they came on by default.
    You can tell DVDFab to put the subs in a file rather than rendering them into the video if your player supports external subtitle files.

3. Am I also correct, I would need to purchase the dvd ripper to reproduce this process with my dvd tv box sets.
    Yes, but there is a combo deal of some sort on the website, or there was at one time.

4. As a side note, is there a recommended router to use to share out the media in combination with a usb hard drive. I would love to get one with the ability to attach multiple drives. Streaming to PC, PS3, and Ipad2 is needed. The goal is to take my shelf of media and condense down to a couple of hard drives.
    Many wireless routers have USB ports. I use the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND which supports any type of USB storage and has a media server in the firmware with QoS for media playback.

You can stream the original format (DVD or BD) with this router from a hard drive if 1)your player supports high speed wifi and 2)you have the internet on a different wireless network (for Blu-ray). I could never get Blu-ray content to play back smoothly when the router had to cope with the internet at the same time. DVD-Video was OK.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X