No announcement yet.

Ripping Blu-Ray to under 4GB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripping Blu-Ray to under 4GB.

Hi there, I have been avidly searching and have not come across a sure fire solution for this yet and my apologies if it is very simple. I am wanting to rip my Blu-Rays in order to put them onto an external hard drive that is formatted to FAT32. As I am aware that you cannot transfer a file to FAT32 that is over 4GB I was wondering if there is a set way to keep my Blu-Ray rips under that kind of size? Thank you in advance

Reformat to a more modern file system? NTFS if you use windows. I think Apple also uses a newer file system for big files.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Problem being my PS3 will not be able to read the hard drive in anything other than FAT32 which is why I wondered if there was a way to keep the files smaller than 4GB.

Comment

Two possible solutions:

1)Use BD Ripper at 1280x720 and adjust the bitrate slider to keep it under the 4GB limit. Most (but not all) movies will fit at a high enough b/p reading. This is not 1080 HD but it looks pretty good and many TVs are only 720 lines anyway. If you also compress the audio (don't use audiocopy) to stereo aac or MP3 it will make the overall file size smaller and let you use a higher bitrate for the video.

2)Use the PS3 as the game platform that it is and get a real media player for your movies. You can find players with network ports, USB host ports etc. that support NTFS and have 1080p HDMI and optical audio outputs for less than US$100 (and no Sony firmware!).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X