Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Seamless Branching

Hi,

Hope this is the right spot. I have a Popcorn Hour A-300 on order which is known to have some quirks with Seamless Branching titles like Fast Five, when done in Iso/File format. I'm looking at getting the DVDFab Ripper so I can rip to M2TS, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the software handles seamless branching movies and if it combines that into a single M2TS file, or any other input on the matter.

Thanks.

Simple answer...yes,
    Fab will combine the multiple M2TS streams.

I view all my content via media players, usually my AIOS.
    I've had a few flicks that demonstrated exaggerated pauses following a standard rip, most notably, Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes 2.

I converted both flicks with BD Ripper...Sherlock to M2TS and Sherlock 2 to an mkv.h264.audiocopy profile. Both conversions were successful in combining multiple streams.

I've been a big fan of mkv for quite a while now and use it almost exclusively
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks!

I was checking out a couple of discs I have, like Battle LA. It has 4 different selections, each appears to have the some contents and is the same length. DVDFab choses one of them by default, so thats the one I went with.

Next I threw on Cars 2, and holy crap there are a ton of short sequences. It scanned the disc for awhile, then finally loaded and once again had selected one title.

Finally, I went with Aliens, which I now has the Theatrical Cut then the longer 1990's cut. It scanned this one for 120 seconds!!! It chose title 800, which is the shorter version at 2hrs 17 mins. There is also a second 2hr 17 minute title and then two 2hr 34 min titles. I guess I'd go with its first pick 800 if I wanted the shorter theatrical cut, and then 801 if I wanted the longer 1990 cut?

How in the world does it know which one to select? Thats a problem with Clown BD, because you dont really know which one to pick, and their only advice is to preview each and figure it out

Comment

Just to give a visual, here is John Carter. How does DVDFab ripper know the 800 title is the right one, as opposed to the 801?

Comment

Hi elwaylite,
          It's done in background. DVDFab will choose the right one automatically. Just use it. Thanks.

Comment

It is seldom wrong, trust it.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks guys.

Im just going to rip all my Blu's to M2TS then, with HD Audio, since that format is nicely supported by the A-300 PCH and it reduces file size.

I get the unit in a few days, so if all goes well I'll def be buying a lifetime on DVDFab and Passkey!

Comment

One more question then I'll leave you guys alone

I of course want 1:1 PQ 1080p/24 and AQ (lossless tracks) when I rip the movie to M2TS.

Looking at this image from the "how to", am I correct in that if I use things as in this image:

m2ts.passthrough
                Video+Audio
                Video Format: Same as source (encoding method pass through)
                Framerate: Same as source
                Audio Format: Same as source
                Bitrate Same as source
                Channel Same as source

I'll get full PQ and AQ?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi elwaylite
                  I believe the answer to your question is Yes, but maybe someone else will chime in who uses this profile.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the help. Forum makes it real easy to understand and want to use the software.

Comment

Yup, digital content + passthrough...
                      You're all set
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X