No sound with "There Will Be Blood"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No sound with "There Will Be Blood"

I have made an mkv file of "There Will Be Blood". It has no sound when played with the USB on my Samsung 6500 LCD and Sony BDP S480 player. It say "No supported audio codec" or "Corrupt file". I've had this happen before with the two Batman movies but I got around it by picking the other soundtrack when making the mkv. This one does not have another soundtrack. The cover says it is 5.1 Dolby TrueHD. When I play it with VLC it says it is stereo and it does have stereo sound. Are there different settings I could try?
    Thank You
    Mark

Hi mtveness
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Here are the logs.
      After I sent the original post I decided to make an mkv with french. It works fine. The cover says french and spanish are in 5.1 Dolby Digital, not Dolby TrueHD. Maybe there is some help in that info.
      Thanks Again
      Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

The problem seems to be your player(s). Try selecting "remove HD audio" first or try a different profile than mkv.remux and select downmix to stereo.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I looked for "Remove HD Audio" but did not find it. Then I tried the other non-3D profiles and got an immediate error. You stated you think my player(s) might be the problem which left me a bit confused. The disc plays fine in both the computer and the Sony BDP S480.
          Attached Files

Comment

I found "Remove HD Audio", thanks to Jonatan. I looked everywhere but the front page. I made an mkv with that checked and it works fine on the Samsung LCD and VLC shows the audio as 5.1. I did not try the Sony player. It seems this problem is solved.
            Thank You everyone for your help
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X