Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Director comments selected by default

Attached log files per the instructions here:

Problem disc: Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume One Disc One from this release:
    http://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-G.../dp/B005NFJAQC

Situation: I want to tear down each cartoon as it's own VOB file (via DVD Ripper) so that I can convert it later via FFmpeg.

Description of problem: When I select one individual track (Track 4 for example) DVDFab (8.1.8.5 which is the latest version as of this posting) has preselected the Directors comments audio in lieu of the main audio. When I click on the main audio track DVDFab crashes.

This issue does not repeat itself when I rip the main movie. It automatically selects the correct English audio (no directors comments are available for that one).

I submitted log files per request when the program crashed both times. The time of the first crash was 2012-07-04 at 6:10pm Pacific Daylight Time. If requested I can provide copies of one set of the log files that were dumped.

I include neither subpictures nor multiple audio tracks. This is the only DVD that I have ever had issue with. I previously followed this exact procedure with all seven seasons of The Shield without issue.

I have made no changes to either hardware or software on my system in the past two weeks when I started converting The Shield and have just started on this series of discs.

My hardware and software is as follows:
    Mother Board (EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI)
    Mother Board Drivers (9.2.0.1030)
    BIOS (E75883)
    CPU (Intel Core i7 920 @ stock speed of 2.66GHz)
    CPU Cooler (CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120)
    RAM (12GB Corsair Dominator (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600)
    PSU (CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W)
    GPU (EVGA GTX 580)
    Video Drivers (Always the latest)
    Case (LIAN LI Lancool PC-K10B)
    Hard Drives (5 Western Digital 1TB SATA drives)
    Operating System (Windows 7 Professional 64 w/SP1)

The workaround that I have right now is to use DVDDecrypter (which I have used for years and has been installed since day one on this hardware) as I can select and deselect the audio tracks when using Stream Processing but it is an onerous process.

Please advise what additional information I may provide to help resolve this issue.
    Attached Files

I think I have v1-3 of this set, but they are older, bought when they were first released so I'm not sure the authoring is the same. I will try to find and test the one you mentioned. Make sure you have PathPlayer set to the Always Enable mode.

Title 4 of disc 1 of my set of Vol.1 is "Long-Haired Hare", is that the same as your set?

//EDIT// Mine does the same thing. Until it can be fixed, if you use DVD Copy to write the titles to your hard drive first, using Customize mode, and only include the main audio in your copies, then use the HDD folder as the source for all the conversions. This works perfectly. This generally produces better results anyway.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Title 4 of disc 1 of my set of Vol.1 is "High Diving Hare", is that the same as your set?
      Yes. Title 4 on disc one is "High Diving Hare." I'll check that PathPlayer is set to Always Enable shortly.

Thank you for your unexpectedly fast response.

Comment

Make sure you have PathPlayer set to the Always Enable mode.
        I just checked and PathPlayer is enabled. I never touch that setting.

Comment

You are welcome, I just happened to have Vol1 close at hand. See the bottom of my other post for a workaround until they can fix it.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You are welcome, I just happened to have Vol1 close at hand. See the bottom of my other post for a workaround until they can fix it.
            Congratulations. You just won ten Internets. Use them wisely. Thank you for this stunningly fast response and resolution. I will follow your advice and see how things go.

Comment

Hi navilor,
              Please give a try about the latest version 8188 and then feed back. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X