bluray (BDMV) to MKV questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) bluray (BDMV) to MKV questions

I have over 400 Blu rays copied to BDMV folders. Power DVD 12 will no longer play BDMV folders from My Movies. I have grown disgusted with Cyberlink and its incompetent support. IMO TMT5 is and has been broken for a long time. Don't need another useless piece of software already have 12. In the beginning i liked tinkering with my HTPC now i was just like things to work so i converted my first Blu ray to MKV and used the LAV filters. This worked great using the Windows media player to play the MKV. Before i go through the long process of converting all my movies i would like to ask a few questions.
    1. which is better H.264 audiocopy or remux. While i understand that h264 makes a smaller container by compressing. Is there visible picture quality difference?
    2. what are the best settings i.e. bitrate for picture quality and also for sound.
    3. Finally i am sure this is probably in the hopes and dreams category but is there a way to batch convert say a number of Blu rays on one hard drive as opposed to doing one at a time.

I also convert BDs to BDMV folders and have about 2TB worth right now. Conversions take time and I just play mine from the folders. Playback of BDMVs (or MKVs) I think is part of the "free forever" feature set of DVDFab Media Player, I would suggest you try that, it is working well for me.

As to your questions:

1. H.264 is smaller depending on your settings, but takes longer to make. It looks very good, again depending on settings. Remux is the same size and quality as the original.

2. For h.264, set the bitrate slider to make 0.20 b/p, more (.25-.3) for fast action movies. If you are going to use audiocopy, there is no adjustment for audio bitrate.

3. BD Ripper runs from a conversion queue, you can load it up and let it run all night. Watch the temperature the first time you try this.

Agree about TMT5.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X