Translation subtittles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Translation subtittles

I am presently in the process of ripping my DVD collection to a hard drive. I have already moved about 100 DVDs. I have a problem with a movie called "the Passion of the Christ". The movie is all in foreign languages and so there are translation subtittles throughout the entire movie. I have been able to transfer the video portion of the movie to the hard drive but the captions to translate the audio fails to come through. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. I would appreciate any ideas or sugestions. If I transfer the movie to another DVD it works perfect but the subtittles will not come through to the hard drive file. Thank you.

Which profile did you use?Please post the internal log.

Comment

Translation subtittles

Thank you for your inquiry. I hope you will forgive my ignorance, I am brand new at this and not very familiar with the DVDFab program or the forum. I used the generic setting and several different profiles but none would work. I have no idea how to post the internal log. Do you have any sugestions? I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Alex

Comment

El Cid

To make the translations appear in your conversions, you must select the single sub stream that contains them (there can be only one) and select "Direct Render to video" (it should appear automatically) on the conversion settings Edit page. You can usually determine which stream contains the translations you want using the small Preview window in the lower left. Right click in the window while the movie is playing to change to a different sub stream.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Translation subtittles

OK, problem resolved, I used the DVDFAB player profile and it did the trick. I thank you folks for the assistance. Hope you have a nice holiday weekend. Thank you very much. Alex

Comment

Hello Signals, please disregard the below. Apparently the ENTIRE movie has subtitles which I was able to get the correct settings.

I'm using the DVDFAB 9.8.1.3 and can't seem to rip The Passion of the Christ (blu ray) subtitles and am requesting help. Current settings are:

set - Render direct
            checked - forced sub only
            tried English 1 and English 2

Can you please provide a snapshot of the advanced settings as well as subtitle setting? Thank you in advance,
            Flettster
            Last edited by Flettster; 01-20-2015, 11:54 PM. Reason: problem solved

Comment

Working...
            X