Audio Sync issues on iTunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio Sync issues on iTunes

OK, not using the newest of laptops to rip but everything's been fine until the last update (8.2.0.8). All the DVDs I've ripped since then have suffered from the audio being slightly out of sync (coming in too soon) when played through iTunes. All the videos play absolutely fine in VLC player. Usually I wouldn't mind, however, I'm using AppleTV to stream to the TV and now can't watch.

1. Any ideas on why they're suddenly out of sync on iTunes?
    2. Any way to realign them?

Any help gratefully received. Burn log for Iron Sky attached.
    Attached Files

Hi Scott161
    I'm not sure if this will help, but please enable Path player in settings and try again.
    Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab and try again.

There is also a newer version of Fab found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=18701

Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Ta

Thanks for the suggestion. Had a few problems with reading disks lately so have been using Pathplayer seetings; I've turned it on and off at random until the disks been read so it could be that.

But the problem, perhaps coincidentally, seems to be linked in with when I did the upgrade of DVDFAB though - all rips after a certain date are problems. What I can't work out is why it's out of Sync on iTunes (and on the stream to AppleTV) but plays fine in other players like VLC.

About 10 - 15 rips affected which, when you've got a laptop as old as mine, is about ten weeks worth of ripping!

Any other thoughts welcome though.

Comment

All Apple players are more picky about the playback stream, VLC is much more robust and tolerant. Sync problems come and go, I suggest using the most current version of DVDFab for decryption of discs and writing the Main Movie to a HDD folder, then using a version with no known sync issues, such as 8.0.7.3 or 8.0.8.5 to make the conversions for the MP4/M4V files. The installer for v8.0.8.5 is still available on the DVDFab website downloads page.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hmmm....

Looks like copying the disk to the hard drive makes no difference. Didn't spot this thread when I first looked:

Obviously don't want to spend another $40+ for no reason. I have tried reinstalling an older version but it kept failing when launched. Reported it but no action. I'll see if these other versions are still available.

Can't believe I'm only one of a handful with this problem though?

Comment

I'm having the same problem, but I'm new here, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Help please.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
              I'm having the same problem, but I'm new here, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Help please.
              Hi Gabbanelli911
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Tried to re-copy my DVD with DVD ripper and audio sync got worse. I attached the internal log as instructed. Please help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gabbanelli911
                  Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
                  CBR929

Comment

Thanks for the help. It worked! Please explain what I did in order to better understand this. The only thing is that I was told that if I ripped the movie as iPhone 4, then it would work for iPod and iPad. It worked only for iPad and not for the iPod.

Comment

Gabbanelli911;
                      From what I understand (from using this product for years) is that anything past the 8.0 dvdfabs have always had audio sync issues.
                      I really can't understand why they can't fix this...I've bought all the lifetime subscritions in the hopes that they do, but they don't.

What I don't agree with is that if you disable the GPU processing, it triples the processing time and defeats the purpose of my getting a high end video card that is CUDA enabled. When I built my system, I deliberately got a higher end video card to help with encoding video.

Sigghhhh....dvdfab please fix the newer versions....

But Gabbanelli911...I digress
                      I use DVDFAb 8.085 and I disabled the GPU (like they recommend, but it'll triple (at the minimum) the rip time), set the framerate at 24 (lower left side of box) and I chose the default .MKV audiocopy format at the top...and it works for me. These are all suggestions that folks on this wonderful forum have given...but like I said, defeats the purpose of advertising GPU processing if it doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X