No audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No audio

Hi all, sorry if this question has been asked before but I am stuck. I have converted my blue ray folder to MKV but there is no audio. Can you please help, many thanks in advance for your help.

If you do not have MediaInfo, download and install it, it is free. Analyze the MKV file with MediaInfo and see if there actually is an audio stream. In 99+ percent of cases, the "no audio" problem is due to your playback device not having the proper codec.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No audio

Originally posted by signals View Post
      If you do not have MediaInfo, download and install it, it is free. Analyze the MKV file with MediaInfo and see if there actually is an audio stream. In 99+ percent of cases, the "no audio" problem is due to your playback device not having the proper codec.
      Thanks for the reply signals, I know there is audio on the file because when you preview it in DVDFAB you can hear and see the movie, I also converted the files with other software and it coverted no problem, also only played this back on my comp, so no problems with codecs. Once again , many thanks for the help.

Lawbringer

Comment

Which MKV profile are you using

The audio included in the MKV files varies depending which profile you use. For example if you use the AC3 profile the udio will converted to Dolby Digital 5.1, if you use the audiocopy profile you will get the actual audio stream on the Bluray which can be a variety of formats such as DTS-HD-MA. It will also help to know what the playback device is (i.e. PC, Ipad, etc.)

Comment

I am having a no audio issues as well. I am trying to backup a movie no compression/conversion to M2TS (using m2ts passthru) and the audio wont play on my pc (win 7) or ps3. I have tried it with and without the Remove HD option neither worked. Preview has audio. I have even run the files thru tsmuxser to convert the audio and it does not work either.

Comment

Hi z3razerviper,
            You can download MediaInfo(which is free) to check the audio info.
            Which player do you use when playing back the file on your pc(win 7)? DVDFab media player is a good choice. Please try it.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
              Hi z3razerviper,
              You can download MediaInfo(which is free) to check the audio info.
              Which player do you use when playing back the file on your pc(win 7)? DVDFab media player is a good choice. Please try it.
              http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=18628
              I need it to work in windows media player cause I stream the m2ts files to my ps3 and if media player cant play it neither can the ps3.

Comment

Update If I go to the folder where i used the blueray ripper and play the m2ts files i can hear audio. However as soon as dvd fab tries to stitch the movie together and create its own the audio disappears.
                Last edited by CBR929; 09-24-2012, 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Check the ouput files by MeidaInfo please! Then post the internal log and info in MediaInfo, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X