This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dexter Season 1 problem

I am having the same problem with Dexter Season 1 Disc 1. I am trying to burn to mobile for my Apple TV. I disabled PathPlayer but still no luck... any advice???

Hi Conrad
    Your question is slightly different so I am moving it to its own thread. Please give us more information about what doesn't work or how the failure happens. Read the Help Us Help You document, we may need some of the information it recommends.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay, I'm using DVD to Mobile to make my DVD's playable on my Apple TV. I agree with the theory that its better to convert them to Apple TV format and put the DVD's in storage for safe keeping. I have had no issue converting to Apple TV format until I tried to convert my Dexter Collection (which are brand new and never been Played/Watched) After inserting the DVD the program reads the disc and title info, it selects only one title / chapter. Now I tried leaving it like this and I've tried selecting the multiple titles with the same failure. The program starts up as normal (fps) but quickly spirals down to 0.1 fps and the timer showing time left never moves from zero. I've left the program work for over 1 hour to see if it would start the conversion but nothing. The destination file shows 1kb of data nothing more. Again this is my first attempt at a TV series. I did try the PathPlayer hint both on then off with no luck. I'm doing this on my desktop and have done over 50 DVD titles of my collection already so its not like an equipment issue. Thank you in advance, Conrad

Comment

Here is the log info:

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 (2009/12/10 20:11:12)

0m 22.88s: detected dvd
        0m 22.90s: drive G
        0m 22.90s: video dvd 1
        0m 22.90s: volume label DEXTER_S1_D1
        0m 23.02s: got copyright 1 80
        0m 23.74s: got udf/iso
        0m 25.14s: got discinfo
        0m 30.26s: got dvdinfo
        76m 57.39s: detected dvd
        76m 57.47s: drive G
        76m 57.47s: video dvd 1
        76m 57.47s: volume label DEXTER_S1_D1
        76m 57.52s: got copyright 1 80
        76m 58.25s: got udf/iso
        76m 59.62s: got discinfo
        77m 04.79s: got dvdinfo

Comment

Have you ripped the disk to a hard disk folder first in full disk mode as suggested in my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread? (Link below)
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'll re-read "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" and try it again...

Comment

Others have reported problems with the Dexter discs. If you make a DVD to DVD backup of the problem disc, does that work? You should probably let DVDFab analyze the disc and then click the Send IFO files button on the info page.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Dexter vs AppleTV

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Hi Conrad
                Your question is slightly different so I am moving it to its own thread. Please give us more information about what doesn't work or how the failure happens. Read the Help Us Help You document, we may need some of the information it recommends.
                Originally posted by conrad View Post
                I'll re-read "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" and try it again...
                Okay, I ripped it to the HD... no proplem there, followed the "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" to a 'T'. Then tried the 'DVD to Mobile' process and same results as before. Encoding Fps at 0.00 nothing happens...

Comment

Can you try it with another profile, say generic.avi.h264.audiocopy so that we can work out whether it is the disk or the profile?

Also, does it play correctly from the HDD folder using VLC?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

My friend Gregiboy has anticipated my next question. Before doing anything else, let's try to see where the problem really is. Try his suggestions and report your results.

Comment

Dexter vs AppleTV

Okay, I tried the generic device, and the mp4, and the ipod. All produced the same result; nothing. I imagine it is a disc issue.

Comment

Did you try playing it from the HDD folder using VLC player?

Comment

Dexter vs AppleTV

Yes, it plays just fine. Any ideas???

Comment

I will try to find this series today and try it. The Send IFO button is on the top right of the info page screen, which you can access by clicking on the checkmark in the green dot on the top right of the DVDFab main window.

Comment

well thanks for trying guys... happy holidays!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X